I recently came across a new baby romaine lettuce mix in the produce aisle and, being the foodie that I am, I got very excited! So excited that I went right home and created this Almond Mango Baby Romaine Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette!
The baby romaine leaves are a beautiful mix of colors and slightly larger than the typical spring mix that’s so popular and it’s a nice change. The crunch of the almonds, the sweet creaminess of the mango and the citrus notes of the vinaigrette all compliment the tenderness of the baby lettuce leaves. Serve as a side dish, or even better, top with Grilled Mojito Shrimp and make it a meal!
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. orange juice, preferably fresh squeezed
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 pkg. (5 oz.) baby romaine lettuce, 5 cups
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and sliced, about 1 cup
- 1 cup quartered radishes, about 6 large radishes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- In large serving bowl combine olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, orange zest, sugar, kosher salt, pepper and garlic powder and whisk together until blended.
- Stir in lettuce, mango, radishes, carrots and almonds and toss until evenly coated.