When it’s too hot outside to fire up the grill…..it’s time for the slow cooker to do the job! Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken will cook in just 3-4 hours on high or set on low before going to work in the morning for 7-8 hours. Serve on slider rolls with cole slaw and crumbled blue cheese, or make it a trendy “bowl” and serve over hot cooked rice or quinoa topped with chopped celery, crumbled blue cheese and chopped cilantro, for dinner or at your next party. Either way and anytime, it’s guaranteed to be a hit!
Love letting your slow cooker do the work for you? Then Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken, Slow Cooker Pineapple Chili Chicken and Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Thai Chicken will be popular recipes in your kitchen real soon!
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounces) bottle hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot
- 1 (1.0 ounce) envelope Ranch Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix
- 3 Tbs. butter, at room temperature
- Arrange chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine hot sauce, Ranch mix and butter until blended. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 7-8 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to crock pot and stir into sauce.
Makes 5 cups shredded buffalo chicken.
If serving on slider rolls, place 1/4 cup shredded chicken on each roll. Makes 20 sliders.
If serving on full size hamburger rolls, place 1/2 cup shredded chicken on each roll. Makes 10 sandwiches.
Make it a bowl and top hot cooked rice or quinoa with shredded chicken, chopped celery, crumbled blue cheese and sprinkle with chopped cilantro!