Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken is a four ingredient easy crockpot recipe that cooks itself in the slow cooker. Turn shredded buffalo chicken into sliders, tacos or serve as a bowl over rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Recipe
Sometimes it’s just time for the slow cooker to do the work in your kitchen!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken will cook in just 3-4 hours on high or set on low before going to work in the morning for 7-8 hours.
A versatile recipe, our slow cooker shredded buffalo chicken can be transformed into several types of dinners.
You can make buffalo chicken sliders and serve this crockpot chicken on slider rolls with cole slaw and crumbled blue cheese.
Serve the shredded buffalo chicken in taco shells with lettuce, chopped celery, crumbled blue cheese and sour cream and call it a buffalo chicken taco.
Prefer a bowl? Then let’s make it a trendy "bowl" dinner and serve over hot cooked rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice topped with chopped celery, crumbled blue cheese and chopped cilantro, for dinner, at your next party or for game day eating.
This recipe makes 5 cups of shredded chicken.
- If you’re serving on slider rolls, place 1/4 cup shredded chicken on each roll and make 20 sliders.
- If you’re serving on full size hamburger rolls, place 1/2 cup shredded chicken on each roll and make 10 sandwiches.
Any way you serve it and anytime you serve it, our buffalo chicken recipe guaranteed to be a hit!
Be sure to try our Buffalo Chicken Dip too!
How to make buffalo chicken in the crockpot
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of your slow cooker
- In a bowl, combine hot sauce, Ranch mix and butter until blended and pour over the chicken.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through, on high 3-4 hours or on low 7-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and, using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Return the chicken back to the crock pot and stir until evenly coated with the sauce.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Make recipe with boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Stir in chopped green chilies for added heat
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley or chopped cilantro
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- hot sauce
- Ranch Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix
Do you love letting your slow cooker do the work for you? My slow cooker is one of my best friends! I just love coming home to dinner cooked and ready for me after a busy day. Be sure to try these slow cooker recipes and you'll have a variety of flavorful dinners that cook themselves to add to your recipe round up!
Your mouth will water every time when you taste Slow Cooker Pineapple Chili Chicken’s sweet and tangy sauce and you’ll definitely be coming back for seconds!
Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken will transport you to a far away place with it's sweet and tangy raisins and olives and combination of spices.
Slow Cooker Cherry Cola Garlic Chicken makes it's own sweet and spicy sauce with brown sugar, cola soda and garlic for an easy chicken dinner recipe tonight.
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken will soon become your new go-to favorite comfort food that’s as easy to make as it is delicious….and with just four ingredients, simmered in a slow cooker, served over rice, it doesn’t get much easier or more delicious!
Coconut Curry Thai Chicken’s light curry broth is the perfect blend of the Thai flavors and seasonings of coconut, curry, ginger, basil and lime and guaranteed to wake up your taste buds!
Brimming with chicken, beans, corn and seasonings, Slow Cooker Chicken Chili can be served up with hot cooked rice or wrapped up in tortillas.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken is a four ingredient easy recipe that cooks itself in the slow cooker. Turn shredded buffalo chicken into sliders, tacos or serve as a bowl over rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice!
Arrange chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker.
Combine hot sauce, Ranch mix and butter until blended. Pour over chicken.
Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 7-8 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to crock pot and stir into sauce.
Makes 5 cups shredded buffalo chicken.
Swirls if flavor Recipe Tips:
- If serving on slider rolls, place 1/4 cup shredded chicken on each roll. Makes 20 sliders.
- If serving on full size hamburger rolls, place 1/2 cup shredded chicken on each roll. Makes 10 sandwiches.
- Make it a bowl and top hot cooked rice or quinoa with shredded chicken, chopped celery, crumbled blue cheese and sprinkle with chopped cilantro!
First Published: August 2, 2015... Last Updated: January 24, 2021