With the fall arriving and the weather turning quite chilly, it’s time to heat up the slow cooker for Slow Cooker Pineapple Chili Chicken, a warm and hearty chicken dinner. Simmer chicken, crushed pineapple and a sweet chili sauce in your slow cooker while at work, then stir in fresh lime juice and top with cilantro and scallions when you get home….it doesn’t get much easier or more delicious that that! Serve with hot cooked rice or rice noodles and steamed broccoli and you’re all set! Your mouth will water when you taste Slow Cooker Pineapple Chili Chicken’s sweet and tangy sauce and you’ll definitely be coming back for seconds!
Slow Cooker Pineapple Chili Chicken is an easy recipe that makes it's own tangy sauce as it slow cooks!
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in chunks
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce*
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in 100% pineapple juice
- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Arrange chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine sweet chili sauce and crushed pineapple with its juice and pour over chicken.
- Cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
- Stir in fresh lime juice and top with scallions and cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- Serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice or rice noodles.
Makes 8 cups.
* Sweet Chili Sauce can be found in the condiment or ethnic section of your grocery store. Frank's and A Taste of Thai are two popular brands that make Sweet Chili Sauce.