This post contains affiliate links. (Disclosure policy)What could be more fun and more delicious than Turkey Brownies? I guarantee that the kids will go crazy over these Turkey Brownies! Make them for them….or make them with them….either way, they’re going to be a hit on your holiday dessert table! A rich fudgy homemade brownie is topped with a creamy vanilla buttercream…..and turkeys made of candy! The edible eyeballs, red gel food coloring and orange gel food coloring are available in craft stores or online. So much fun to make and eat! Turkey Brownies are guaranteed to become a holiday tradition! Gobble gobble and Happy Thanksgiving!
**Warning** Be sure to make extras because you know the grown-ups (the big kids!) will want their own Turkey Brownie too!
1 cup butter
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 lb. confectioners’ sugar
2 Tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8 peanut butter cups
224 mini m&m’s
16 edible candy eyes
red gel food color
orange gel food color
1.Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang. Coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Brownie: In microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add eggs and vanilla, stirring until blended.
3. Stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt until a batter forms.
4. Spread evenly in prepared baking pan and bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool 15 minutes in pan. Using foil overhang transfer brownie to wire rack and cool completely.
6. Buttercream Frosting: Meanwhile, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar until blended. Add milk and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Reserve 1 Tablespoon frosting for turkey beaks and feet. Spread remaining frosting over top of cooled brownie. Cut into 8 bars.
7. Candy Turkeys: For each turkey, place 1 peanut butter cup on bottom two thirds of brownie leaving just enough room on bottom for turkey feet. Using reserved frosting, attach eyes to peanut butter cup. Divide remaining frosting and using gel colors tint half red and half orange. Pipe a red mouth on peanut butter cup and two orange feet under peanut butter cup. Arrange mini m&m’s above peanut butter cup for feathers.