Turkey Brownies is an easy recipe for homemade brownies topped with a creamy vanilla buttercream and turkeys made of candy! So much fun for kids to make and eat! Turkey Brownies are guaranteed to become a holiday tradition!
Turkey Brownies Recipe
What could be more fun and more delicious than Turkey Brownies? I guarantee that the kids will go crazy over these Turkey Brownies! Make them for them....or make them with them....either way, they're going to be a hit on your holiday dessert table!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
A rich fudgy homemade brownie is topped with a creamy vanilla buttercream.....and turkeys made of candy! The edible eyeballs, red gel food coloring and orange gel food coloring are available in craft stores or online. So much fun to make and eat! Turkey Brownies are guaranteed to become a holiday tradition! Gobble gobble and Happy Thanksgiving!
**Warning** Be sure to make extras because you know the grown-ups (the big kids!) will want their own Turkey Brownie too!
Prefer your Turkey Brownies to be more colorful? One year I made them with bright color mini M&M's for the turkey feathers, just as adorable as fall harvest colors. And they were gobbled up quickly!
Be sure to visit the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for GG's personal kitchen recommendations!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Be sure to cool the brownies completely before decorating them with the candy
- You can use a circle cookie cutter and make the brownies round
- If you cut out round brownies be sure to save the scraps and use them as a topping for ice cream!
- Short on time? Substitute a store-bought brownie from the bakery department in place of the homemade brownie
- You can use full-size M&Ms in place of the mini M&Ms
- Colorful Skittles can be sued in place of the mini M&Ms
Holiday Brownie Recipes
Ingredients for Thanksgiving brownies
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- confectioners' sugar
- peanut butter cups
- mini m&m's
- edible candy eyes
- orange gel food color
Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Bars is an impressive and easy dessert recipe. Every bite of creamy pumpkin cheesecake is kissed by the warm holiday flavor of pumpkin pie spice and elevated to a level of bliss with a buttery cinnamon graham crust!
Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie is a cheesecake within a pie so you can have your cheesecake and eat your pie too! And best of all you can do it all in one bite! A creamy vanilla cheesecake layer is surrounded by a flaky pie crust and smothered by a spiced pumpkin pie layer.
Glazed Pumpkin Spice Muffins combine pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice for moist muffins bursting with warm seasonal spices topped with a sweet sugar glaze. An easy recipe made with just a few basic ingredients will make this Pumpkin Spice Muffins recipe your new go-to favorite recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang. Coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add eggs and vanilla, stirring until blended.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt until a batter forms.
- Spread evenly in prepared baking pan and bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan. Using foil overhang transfer brownie to wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar until blended. Add milk and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Reserve 1 Tablespoon frosting for turkey beaks and feet. Spread remaining frosting over top of cooled brownie. Cut into 8 bars.
- For each turkey, place 1 peanut butter cup on bottom two thirds of brownie leaving enough room on bottom for turkey feet. Using reserved frosting, attach eyes to peanut butter cup. Divide remaining frosting and using gel colors tint half orange and half red. Pipe a red mouth on peanut butter cup and two orange feet under peanut butter cup. Arrange mini m&m's above peanut butter cup for feathers.