Fresh corn on the cob and juicy tomatoes combine for an easy Summer Corn Salad recipe. Cilantro and chili powder add bright flavor and a hint of heat making our fresh corn salad a fabulous addition to your summer menus.
Corn and Tomato Salad
Summer just makes me happy. How about you? The corn is growing tall and the tomatoes are brimming on the plants.
Time for a Fresh Corn Salad recipe, agree? So easy to make, you don’t even have to cook the corn.
Just cut the kernels off the cob, add tomatoes and a bit of red onion. Then toss in an oil and vinegar mixture seasoned with cilantro and chili powder.
Talk about fresh flavors that come together quick and easy! Feel free to add some lime wedges on the side for those who want a little citrus note.
I have to admit that I can’t stop eating this corn and tomato salad recipe. It’s really addictive, especially if summertime flavors make your taste buds happy.
And let me tell you, my taste buds are so happy they’re jumping for joy right now. I can’t wait for you to taste it too!
Speaking of corn, have you ever grilled your corn on the cob? OMG. Such a delicious way to cook it. The grill chars your corn and imparts a fabulous flavor. Add a Cilantro Lime Butter and you’ll think you’ve gone to heaven with every sweet bite!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Feel free to use red wine vinegar in place of the apple cider vinegar
- Not a fan of cilantro? Use chopped parsley instead!
- Like it spicy? Stir in minced jalapeno
- Want more heat? Add more chili powder!
- Don’t have fresh corn? You can always use 4 cups frozen corn (thawed) or canned corn
- Chop up plum tomatoes and substitute them for the grape tomatoes
- Substitute yellow or white onion for the red onion
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- corn on the cob
- grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- red onion
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- chili powder
- kosher salt
- lime wedges, optional
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Need a break from cooking every now and then? Explore the Best-Selling Meal Plans! Check out the freshly prepared, restaurant quality gourmet meals from Home Bistro that will be delivered right to your very own home. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself because you deserve it!
Easy Recipes with Corn
Got lots of summer corn? Check out these easy recipes made with corn. You'll be happy you did!
Creamy Corn Chowder is a homemade soup recipe made with basic kitchen ingredients. Our corn chowder soup is flavored with bacon, bursting with fresh vegetables and two types of canned corn and will warm you up on a chilly day.
Grilled Corn With Tomato Basil Butter will be a hit on your summer menu. Grill your corn for some caramelized flavor. Then slather with butter flavored with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil for some lip-smackin’ goodness!
Bursting with cheesy goodness and a hint of spice, Creamy Corn and Black Bean Dip, served with tortilla chips or fresh veggie dippers, is a warm dip with a silky texture from a cream cheese and sour cream winning combination.
Fresh vegetables are tossed together with farro in a lime scented dressing making Zucchini & Corn Farro Salad both refreshing and nutritious.
Summer Corn Salad
- Cut corn kernels off the cobs. You should get about 4 cups of kernels from 3 large corn on the cob.
- In bowl combine corn, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, chili powder and kosher salt, tossing until combined and evenly coated.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.