All the flavors of a s’mores combine in a mason jar. Just grab a spoon with your S’mores Dessert and enjoy the flavor combination of chocolate pudding, marshmallow and graham crackers all topped off with a marshmallow topping, hot fudge sauce and a mini chocolate candy bar.
Dessert in a jar
It’s National S’mores Day! Celebrate with our s’mores pudding in a jar. No campfire required.
That’s right, you don't need a campfire to make our S’mores Pudding recipe!
Simply layer graham cracker crumbs, instant chocolate pudding with mini marshmallows, fluff marshmallow topping and hot fudge sauce and dig in! Oh, and don't forget the finishing touch, a little piece of milk chocolate candy bar.
Every spoonful is a taste of s’mores and how cute are these? Mini mason jars make our s’mores pudding parfaits easy to serve and oh so adorable too!
Why are s’mores called s’mores?
S’mores is a combination of the two words “some more”. The recipe was originally called a Graham Cracker Sandwich in a cookbook in the 1920’s. Personally I had heard that they were so good that everyone wanted “some more” and the cookie sandwich became known as “s’more”. Not sure how true that is though.
What chocolate is best for s’mores?
Milk chocolate is better to use when making s’mores because it melts easily. Milk chocolate melts easier than dark chocolate due to it’s higher cocoa butter content. So be sure to use milk chocolate if you have a choice.
Can you make s’mores in the microwave?
Are you craving a s'mores and there's no campfire nearby? Not a problem! All you need to do is:
- top a graham cracker with a chocolate candy bar and marshmallows
- microwave for about 30 seconds or until marshmallows begin to puff
- remove from microwave and top with another graham cracker
And there you have it! A warm melty s'mores recipe microwave style.
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Need a break from cooking every now and then? Explore the Best-Selling Meal Plans! Check out the freshly prepared, restaurant quality gourmet meals from Home Bistro that will be delivered right to your very own home. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself because you deserve it!
Swirls of Flavor recipe tips
- Make with dark chocolate pudding mix
- Add mini chocolate chips
- For a fun topping, top with graham cracker teddy graham cookies
- Use ready made graham cracker crumbs
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- Graham cracker crumbs (about 4 full size graham cracker cookies)
- Instant pudding mix
- Mini marshmallows
- Fluff marshmallow topping
- Hot fudge sauce
- Milk chocolate candy bar
Love s’mores? Then you’ll want to make these recipes made with all the flavors of a s’mores too!
When the only fire you have is on a gas grill, it's time to make Grilled S'mores! A s'mores sandwich, wrapped in foil and warmed on the grill will be a warm chocolate marshmallow treat.
Our Gooey S'mores Brownies take s'mores to another level. To make this s'mores recipe with marshmallow fluff, graham crackers are baked into brownies and then topped with chocolate bars and marshmallow fluff creating a melty gooey chocolate marshmallow topping with mini marshmallows on top!
When it’s too hot to light the fire and grill up S’mores, the next best thing is a bowl of homemade S’mores Ice Cream made without an ice cream maker! Studded with milk chocolate, mini marshmallows and bits of grahams, S’mores Ice Cream will satisfy your craving and cool you off at the same time.
S’mores Puddin' Bars has layers of chocolate fudge pudding mousse and graham crackers topped with mini marshmallows, graham cracker bits and a hot fudge drizzle! And if you’re craving a frozen treat just pop them in the freezer and you’re all set!
S’mores Dessert Recipe
- Place 2 Tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of each mason jar.
- In bowl combine instant pudding mix and milk, whisking until smooth and blended. Let stand until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in ½ cup mini marshmallows and spoon over graham crumbs in mason jars, dividing evenly between mason jars.
- Top with marshmallow topping, hot fudge sauce, remaining mini marshmallows and milk chocolate candy bar pieces.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.