Fruit and nuts combine to make our Apple Pecan Chicken Salad a delicious and satisfying main dish salad. Drizzle with a homemade Honey Mustard Dressing and you’ll pack a punch of flavor in every forkful.
Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
Fire up the grill. It’s time for a summer salad for dinner.
There’s nothing quite like cool crisp lettuce, fresh fruits and grilled chicken for dinner on a warm summer evening.
But put them all together and drizzle with your homemade salad dressing and it transforms into a main meal all in one bowl.
Make that salad dressing the ever popular Honey Mustard Vinaigrette and you’ll wish it was a never ending bowl with all those flavors.
Toss the fruits and greens and then top with chicken or arrange them on top of the bed of greens and serve the dressing on the side.
The choice is yours. Either way, you'll have a bowl of deliciousness!
I developed this recipe for the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council. Hop on over to their site and you’ll find some great tips about blueberries! Read all about my tips and tricks for baking with blueberries in my interview on the U.S. Blueberry Highbush Council’s blog.
With salad dressing so easy to make you’ll want to check out my Ultimate Guide To Making Homemade Salad Dressings! Making a Homemade Salad Dressing is so easy and takes just minutes. Made with simple real food ingredients, your salad dressing from scratch is not just better than store bought, it’s better for you and oh so delicious too!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- No time to make a homemade dressing? Use your favorite bottled dressing
- Add raspberries for more fruity flavor
- Use rotisserie chicken and it becomes a no cook dinner!
- Substitute your favorite nut for the pecans
- Make with creamy Dijon mustard
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- garlic powder
- whole grain Dijon mustard
- apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- red leaf lettuce
- Gala apple
- red onion
Easy Main Dish Salads
You can never have enough main dish salad recipes when it comes to a long hot summer. Swirls has easy to make recipes you’ll definitely be serving up all summer long.
Everyone needs a Cobb Salad Recipe in their summer menu lineup. Brimming with all the traditional ingredients, our chicken cobb salad is flavored with a homemade Dijon red wine vinaigrette with chives, a perfect main dish salad.
Apple Cheddar Chicken Salad with Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette will wow your taste buds with it’s combination of flavors. Sweet apples. sharp cheddar cheese, pops of sweet cranberries are lightly tossed in a homemade Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette with chicken and romaine lettuce leaves for a hearty dinner salad.
An Italian Chopped Salad will be a welcome addition to your dinner menu on warm summer evenings. Bursting with the flavors of antipasto, our classic chopped salad is filled with salami, provolone, tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini and red onion and drizzled with a homemade lemon oregano vinaigrette.
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Need a break from cooking every now and then? Explore the Best-Selling Meal Plans! Check out the freshly prepared, restaurant quality gourmet meals from Home Bistro that will be delivered right to your very own home. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself because you deserve it!
Apple Pecan Chicken Salad With Honey Mustard Dressing
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 6 cups red leaf lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 Gala apple , cored and sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- Preheat grill for direct heat grilling.
- Season chicken breasts with ½ tsp. kosher salt, ¼ tsp. pepper and garlic powder and grill until chicken is cooked through, turning once. Let stand 10 minutes; slice and reserve.
- Meanwhile, whisk honey, Dijon, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, ½ tsp. kosher salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper until blended.
- To assemble, in bowl combine lettuce, blueberries, apple, red onion and pecans and toss lettuce mixture with some (about ½ cup) of the dressing.
- Arrange sliced chicken over lettuce and drizzle with additional dressing.