Our Maple Balsamic Chicken Salad With Apples will wow your taste buds with it’s combination of classic fall flavors. Sweet apples. sharp cheddar cheese and bursts of sweet cranberries are lightly tossed with chicken and romaine lettuce in a homemade Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette. Seasonal apples add crunch and sweetness to this hearty dinner salad.
Apple Chicken Salad
Apples and cheddar are a fabulous flavor combination. Add in a burst of sweetness from pops of dried cranberries and toss with a maple Balsamic vinaigrette and your salad will taste like a party in your mouth!
It's a party to celebrate the arrival of cooler weather! Hello apple season!
Our homemade chicken salad recipe marries the flavors of a new season. Seasonal sweet crisp apples, flavorful maple and colorful cranberries all scream out for cooler weather.
Even though the temperature is beginning to cool down, a main meal salad will still be a hit on your dinnertime menu. The key to a salad in the fall is to combine the flavors of fall. Precisely what our chicken salad with apples and cranberries does!
With salad dressing so easy to make you’ll want to check out my Ultimate Guide To Making Homemade Salad Dressings! Making a Homemade Salad Dressing is so easy and takes just minutes. Made with simple real food ingredients, your salad dressing from scratch is not just better than store bought, it’s better for you and oh so delicious too!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Save time and make this recipe with rotisserie chicken
- Use your favorite hearty greens in place of the romaine lettuce
- Make with shredded cheddar cheese instead of cutting up a block of cheddar cheese
- Use a combination of red and green apples
- Prepare dressing with dark Balsamic vinegar
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- romaine lettuce
- Gala apples
- cheddar cheese
- grape tomatoes
- dried cranberries
- red onion
- cooked sliced chicken
- olive oil
- white balsamic vinegar
- 100% pure maple syrup
- Dijon mustard
- kosher salt
A main dish salad is always a welcome addition to my dinner menu rotation. Check out these main dish salads we have here for you at Swirls.
An Italian Chopped Salad will be a welcome addition to your dinner menu on warm summer evenings. Bursting with the flavors of antipasto, our classic chopped salad is filled with salami, provolone, tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini and red onion and drizzled with a homemade lemon oregano vinaigrette.
Fruit and nuts combine to make our Apple Pecan Chicken Salad a delicious and satisfying main dish salad. Drizzle with a homemade Honey Mustard Dressing and you’ll pack a punch of flavor in every forkful.
Everyone needs a Cobb Salad Recipe in their summer menu lineup. Brimming with all the traditional ingredients, our chicken cobb salad is flavored with a homemade Dijon red wine vinaigrette with chives, a perfect main dish salad.
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Need a break from cooking every now and then? Explore the Best-Selling Meal Plans! Check out the freshly prepared, restaurant quality gourmet meals from Home Bistro that will be delivered right to your very own home. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself because you deserve it!
Maple Balsamic Chicken Salad With Apples
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 Gala apples , cored, sliced, 3 cups
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese ,, 4 ounces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 12 ounces cooked sliced chicken , 3 cups*
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In serving bowl combine romaine, apples, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, cranberries and red onion. Top with cooked chicken.
- In small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon, kosher salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle some of dressing over salad. Serve with remaining dressing.
*1 lb. raw boneless skinless chicken breasts cooks to about 12 ounces and yields about 3 cups sliced cooked chicken.