Apples and figs give this savory stuffing classic the perfect hint of sweetness. A stovetop stuffing that’s easy to make, our Apple Fig Stuffing is a fabulous addition to your holiday feast.
Apple Stuffing Recipe
We all know that it isn't Thanksgiving without our beloved stuffing! But I have to admit that sometimes our beloved gets a little boring. Sorry not sorry, but it’s true.
So why no change it up a bit with an apples and figs flavor combo this year? Apples and figs give this savory classic the perfect hint of sweetness.
Our Apple Fig Stuffing has the perfect balance of sweet and savory to compliment your holiday feast.
Apples and figs give this stovetop stuffing it’s sweet notes while celery, onion and marjoram lend their savory flavors to the recipe. A classic stuffing recipe with updated flavors.
If you prefer your stuffing with more moisture simply add additional broth or maybe even drizzle with turkey pan drippings or gravy, yum!
Make it stovetop and your stuffing will not only be fabulously delicious but so simple to make too! Then just cover it with foil and keep it warm in the oven.
Prefer an oven baked stuffing with that crunchy top, and really, who doesn’t love that?
Simply transfer your fig stuffing to an oven proof baking dish, brush the top with butter or turkey drippings and let it bake in the oven.
So get ready for the best apple stuffing recipe because now we’re talking stuffing! A classic stuffing recipe with updated flavors.
Of course, if you want to really change things up you’ll want to make our Apple Sage Stuffin’ Muffins! All the flavors of stuffing in a muffin!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Be sure to visit the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for GG's personal kitchen recommendations!
How many people does stuffing serve?
- Our Apple Fig Stuffing makes 12 cups and will serve 16 people, 3/4 cup stuffing each.
- Prefer a larger size serving? Our stovetop stuffing will serve 12 servings, 1 cup each.
- Stretch this stuffing recipe to serve 24 and everyone gets a 1/2 cup serving.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Add chopped pears
- Add dried cranberries
- This recipe can be halved to make just 6 cups of stuffing
- Drizzle with turkey pan drippings
- Love a crunchy topped stuffing? Brush with butter or pan drippings and bake in oven
- Stir in chopped fresh figs
Ingredients for turkey stuffing with apples
- Gala apples
- dried figs
- dried marjoram
- kosher salt
- seasoned stuffing mix
- chicken broth
Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
Stuffing isn’t the only side dish that’s required on turkey day. Be sure to serve potatoes (I serve both sweet and white potatoes), and salad and a vegetable or two…or three!
Your guests will definitely want seconds of this Pecan Pear Baby Kale Salad! The crunch of nutty pecans, the crisp sweetness of fresh pears and a baby kale blend of greens gently tossed with a perfectly blended vinaigrette will take center stage on your holiday table this year!
Baby carrots simmer in honey with a hint of cinnamon and crystallized ginger for a sweet side dish. Gingered Cinnamon Honey Glazed Carrots will be a favorite vegetable recipe for holidays and all year long too!
Buttery Green Beans With Glazed Pecans are sautéed with red onion and garlic, simmered in white wine, and then tossed with buttery goodness and crowned with glazed pecans. These green beans are all dressed up and ready to party!
Thanksgiving wouldn't be complete without potatoes! Panko Garlic Mashed Potatoes combine buttery creaminess with the perfect crunchy topping of panko breadcrumbs, parsley and butter!
But don't forget the sweet potatoes! Pecan Crumb Sweet Potatoes are so decadent that every mouthful is filled with creamy sweet potatoes and buttery cinnamon crumbs…..the perfect combination of a side dish and a dessert!
Brussels Sprouts are the new "it" vegetable and Brown Sugar Brussels Sprouts With Bacon And Cranberries will be your new go-to recipe. Brussels Sprouts, bacon and cranberries are coated in a sweet and tangy brown sugar glaze and roasted to perfection in just 25 minutes. An easy recipe for a vegetable side dish!
Apple Fig Stuffing
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 10 Tbs. butter
- 2 Gala apples , cored and chopped, 3 cups
- 1 large onion , chopped, 1 1/2 cups
- 2 ribs celery , chopped, 1 cup
- 4 oz. dried figs , chopped, 1 cup
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. (12 - 14 oz.) seasoned stuffing mix (stuffing bags seem to come in varying sizes now so I have added a range for the size)
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. chopped parsley
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- In large deep-sided skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook apples, onion, celery, figs, marjoram, kosher salt and pepper until just tender, 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stuffing mix and chicken broth, tossing until combined. Cook until heated through. At this point you can serve the stuffing or transfer the stuffing to a baking dish, cover with foil, and keep warm in the oven.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
*Recipe can be halved.