Pancetta Almond Green Beans is an easy recipe that will surely be a welcome addition on your holiday table. Crispy pancetta bits, toasted almonds and sautéed shallots combine with fresh green beans for the perfect amount of crunch and flavor in our green beans with pancetta recipe.
Almond Green Beans Recipe
Tired of serving the traditional Green Bean Casserole on Thanksgiving? Ready to freshen things up a bit? Our green beans with pancetta recipe will become your new Thanksgiving tradition for sure!
Pancetta is Italian-style bacon….and anything with bacon is guaranteed to be fabulously delicious! Adding chopped pancetta gives our green bean recipe savory and salty notes in every bite.
Wondering where you can buy pancetta? Chopped pancetta can be found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store or you can purchase a 4 ounce piece of pancetta in the deli department.
Crispy pancetta bits, toasted almonds and sautéed shallots combine with fresh green beans for the perfect amount of crunch and flavor. When you make our green bean almondine with bacon, with fresh beans, you’re also serving up a dish of nutrition to your family! Happy Thanksgiving!
Green Bean FAQ’s
The green bean doesn’t get the credit it deserves for being super healthy like other more popular vegetables do.
Are green beans good for you?
Yes, green beans are most definitely good for you! Green beans are:
- rich in beta-carotene
- concentrated in chlorophyll
- rich in vitamin B6
- rich in vitamin B2
Green beans also:
- have antioxidant capabilities
- promote bone health
- promote healthy formation of connective tissue
Are fresh green beans better for you than canned green beans?
It has been said that fresh green beans contain more of health benefits than canned or frozen green beans do.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- slivered almonds
- white wine OR chicken broth
- fresh green beans
Easy Vegetable Recipes
Spiced Sweet Potatoes is an easy recipe for mashed potatoes that’s decadent and creamy with a hint of spice. Our sweet and spicy sweet potatoes are the perfect compliment to any meal and fancy enough for the holidays and entertaining!
Buttery Green Beans With Glazed Pecans are sautéed with red onion and garlic, simmered in white wine, and then tossed with buttery goodness and crowned with glazed pecans. The green beans are all dressed up and ready to party!
Roasted Carrots With Carrot Top Gremolata is an easy vegetable recipe that's fancy enough for entertaining and holidays. Carrots are oven roasted to a buttery perfection and topped with a mixture of fresh carrot top greens, dill, lemon, garlic and olive oil.
Brussels Sprouts are the new “it” vegetable and Brown Sugar Brussels Sprouts With Bacon And Cranberries will be your new go-to recipe. Brussels Sprouts, bacon and cranberries are coated in a sweet and tangy brown sugar glaze and roasted to perfection in just 25 minutes. An easy recipe for a holiday vegetable side dish!
Smashed Brussels Sprouts With Crispy Prosciutto will be your new go-to side dish recipe for special occasions! Smashed sprouts are roasted with two cheeses and then topped with crispy prosciutto for the ultimate side dish recipe
Baby carrots simmer in honey with a hint of cinnamon and crystallized ginger for a sweet side dish. Gingered Cinnamon Honey Glazed Carrots will be a favorite vegetable recipe for holidays and all year long too!
Pancetta Almond Green Beans
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 pkg. (4 oz. ) chopped pancetta or 1 (4 oz.) piece of pancetta from the deli, chopped
- 3 large shallots ,sliced, 1 cup
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 lbs. fresh green beans , trimmed, about 8 cups
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook almonds until toasted, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- In same skillet cook pancetta until crispy, stirring occasionally. Using slotted spoon, remove pancetta bits and set aside, leaving pancetta fat drippings in skillet.
- In same skillet cook shallots until just tender. Stir in wine and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in green beans and cook until crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer beans to serving dish. Top with reserved almonds and pancetta.
*Chopped pancetta can be found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.