Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes are infused with fresh garlic, topped with a buttery panko crumb and baked into a golden crusted creamy casserole.
Best Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Have you been wishing for a “best ever” recipe for creamy garlic mashed potatoes? Garlic Mashed Potatoes are sure to become your go-to recipe!
A perfect mashed baked potatoes recipe for the holidays and entertaining.
Our baked mashed potato casserole recipe will quickly become a favorite.
Cloves of garlic boil along with the potatoes and impart just a hint of sweet garlic.
Top with a panko, parsley and butter mixture after mashing and pop in the oven for piping hot mashed potatoes with bread crumbs.
Guaranteed to impress your guests and they’ll never have to know that this is such an easy garlic mashed potatoes recipe!
Our panko potatoes are so versatile that if you don’t like garlic, just leave it out!
If you prefer not to have a buttery crunchy topping, just leave it off. And then there’s no need to even pop it in the oven. Just mash and serve!
Feed a crowd or halve the recipe when you’re having a smaller more intimate gathering or a quick weeknight dinner.
These potatoes can be whatever you want them to be! But they’ll always be smooth, creamy, rich and oh so delicious!
If you're in search of ideas for potato recipes look no further! Our Thanksgiving Potato Recipes Round Up is bursting with thirty seven delicious white and sweet potato recipes that will complement any holiday dinner.
Choose from mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, creamy potatoes, crumb-topped potatoes, instant pot potatoes, slow cooker potatoes and even French fries. Your holiday potato recipe is waiting for you!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Be sure to visit the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for GG's personal kitchen recommendations!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Add Parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb mixture for extra flavor
- Stir chopped parsley into the potato mixture
- Serve these potatoes without the crumb topping and there's no need to put it in the oven. Just cook and serve!
- You can make this recipe with Yukon gold potatoes in place of the all-purpose potatoes
- Substitute plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream
Ingredients for garlic mashed potatoes with sour cream
Potatoes are such a versatile ingredient and can take on so many flavors and textures. Be sure to give these white potato recipes and sweet potato recipes a try too!
Pecan Crumb Sweet Potatoes are so decadent that every mouthful is filled with creamy sweet potatoes and buttery cinnamon crumbs…..the perfect combination of a side dish and a dessert!
Buttery and cheesy, Twice Baked Cheddar Potatoes are lightened with Greek yogurt, giving them just a hint of tangy-ness too!
Spiced Sweet Potatoes are decadent and creamy with a hint of spice. A perfect compliment to any meal!
Slices of potatoes are gently boiled in a shallot cream mixture and then layered with cheese and baked to a cheesy, creamy perfection in our Golden Potatoes Au Gratin, recipe.
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 2 quart (8-cup) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill pot with potatoes, garlic and enough cold water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mash potato mixture. For a smooth whipped potato I recommend using an electric mixer to mash.
- Add sour cream, 6 Tbs. melted butter, kosher salt and pepper and continue mashing until blended. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In small bowl combine Panko, parsley and remaining 2 Tbs. melted butter. Top mashed potatoes with breadcrumb mixture to cover.
- Bake 25 minutes or until topping is golden.