By combining the flavors of “Chunky Monkey” ice cream with a warm and comforting bread pudding you’ll have the best of both worlds! Fresh bananas, melty chocolate chunks and wet walnuts make this bread pudding the perfect dessert or brunch indulgence. Top with whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream and you’ll be in heaven with every bite!
“Chunky Monkey” Bread Pudding
4 egg twist rolls, cut in 1″ pieces, 8 cups
3 bananas, divided
3/4 cup chocolate chunks, divided
2 cups milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 (5 oz.) jar wet walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Bake bread pieces until lightly toasted, 4-5 minutes.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 350F.
3. Coat 1 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange half of bread pieces on bottom of prepared baking dish. Slice 2 bananas 1/4″ thick on diagonal; place over bread pieces in single layer. Top with 1/2 cup chocolate chunks and remaining bread pieces.
4. Combine eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread cubes.
5. Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chunks. Bake, uncovered, additional 15 minutes, or until mixture is set.
6. Top with wet walnuts. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm.