Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are bursting with warm chocolate chips and topped with a homemade Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting. Banana bread in the shape of a muffin makes breakfast delicious and portable too!
Banana and chocolate chip muffins
Love banana bread? Then you will surely love our homemade banana muffins that are bursting with chocolate chips and topped with a cream cheese frosting studded with toasted pecans!
Perfect for breakfast and so delicious you’ll want our homemade muffins for dessert too!
Have some bananas hanging around getting over ripe? Well you know that’s wonderful news because now you can make these amazing chocolate chip banana bread muffins!
Made in one bowl, our easy banana bread muffins taste just like a slice of banana bread. Stir in mini chocolate chips for pockets of melted chocolate and top with a sweet and tangy cream cheese frosting. And don’t forget the toasted pecans!
Simply combine all the ingredients for the muffins in one bowl and bake!
While the muffins are baking you can make the homemade Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting, a sweet, creamy and tangy frosting studded with nutty pecans. You’ll be all set for breakfast, tea time or even dessert.
These banana muffins are creamy and dreamy for sure!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Need a break from cooking every now and then? Explore the Best-Selling Meal Plans! Check out the freshly prepared, restaurant quality gourmet meals from Home Bistro that will be delivered right to your very own home. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself because you deserve it!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Substitute sour cream for the Greek yogurt
- Make with white chocolate chips
- Use your favorite nut in place of the pecans
Are bananas healthy for you?
Yes, bananas are definitely healthy for you. Bananas provide:
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
How To Ripen Bananas Quickly
Bananas not ripe yet? No problem.
Here's a simple trick for ripening up bananas quickly and easily in the oven!
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Bake bananas in their skins on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes or until skins have blackened
- Cool slightly and scoop banana out of skins.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- ripe bananas
- dark brown sugar
- Greek yogurt
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- mini chocolate chips
- cream cheese, at room temperature
- confectioners sugar
Adding cocoa powder and chocolate chips will turn a basic banana bread into a decadent Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe. You’ll not only want a slice for breakfast, you’ll want one for dessert too! Banana bread just got even more delicious!
Caramel sauce and a surprise coconut cookie are topped with a light banana crème, fresh bananas, whipped topping and toasted coconut. Add a drizzle of caramel sauce and our Banana Pudding Parfaits are a comfort food dessert you are absolutely going to love.
Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding is an easy recipe that’s bursting with fresh bananas, chocolate chunks and walnuts making this bread pudding the perfect brunch or dessert indulgence. Top with whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream and you’ll be in heaven with every bite!
Looking for an easy sweet quick bread to make next? Our Banana Bread is the one to try. Best Ever Banana Bread is an easy recipe for a buttery banana bread. Flavored with a hint of cinnamon, our easy bread recipe is made in one bowl with basic ingredients you most likely have on
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins with Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 8 Tbs. (1/2 cup) butter , at room temperature, very soft
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Tbs. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine mashed bananas, eggs, brown sugar, butter, Greek yogurt and vanilla, stirring until blended.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, stirring until a batter forms. Stir in mini chips.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in muffin tin. Transfer to wire rack and cool slightly if serving warm or cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl combine cream cheese, confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spread over muffin tops.
Thanks for stopping by. Leave a tip or comment...