Have some bananas hanging around getting over ripe? That’s wonderful news because now you can make these amazing Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins! Bananas are known to be high in potassium but did you know that they are actually even higher in Vitamin B6, Vitamin C and manganese than potassium? They are also a good source of fiber! Simply combine all the ingredients for the muffins in one bowl and bake! While the muffins are baking you can make the Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting and you’ll be all set for breakfast or tea time. These banana muffins are creamy and dreamy for sure!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins with Pecan Cream Cheese Frosting
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
8 Tbs. (1/2 cup) butter, at room temperature, very soft
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 Tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Muffins: In large bowl combine mashed bananas, eggs, brown sugar, butter, Greek yogurt and vanilla, stirring until blended.
3. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, stirring until a batter forms. Stir in mini chips.
4. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in muffin tin. Transfer to wire rack and cool slightly if serving warm or cool completely.
5. Frosting: Meanwhile, in another bowl combine cream cheese, confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spread over muffin tops.
Makes 12 muffins.