Our Easy Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding Recipe is the perfect addition to your brunch menu. Every spoonful of our cinnamon roll casserole is a taste of a cinnamon bun, with it’s brown sugar layer, tender bread with vanilla custard and sweetened cream cheese filling.
Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
New Year’s Day brunch is the perfect way to kick off the new year! And brunch is a perfect way to kick off the weekend during the holidays and any time of the year.
Every bite of our easy bread pudding recipe has the flavors of a cinnamon bun!
The deliciousness starts with a brown sugar cinnamon butter layer. Top that with challah bread soaked in vanilla custard and finish it off with even more brown sugar mixture on top.
Oh, and don’t forget the sweetened cream cheese that’s stuffed in the middle!
You can assemble it ahead of time and just pop it in the oven when you’re ready.
Yes, this cinnamon bread pudding is definitely the perfect addition to the first day of the new year, or any day for that matter!
Wishing you a year filled with happiness and fabulously delicious Swirls of Flavor recipes!
Bread Pudding FAQ’s
What is bread pudding?
Bread pudding is a bread-based breakfast or dessert. Typically made with stale or day old bread, a bread pudding also contains eggs, milk or cream, butter or another fat and a variety of ingredients to give it different flavors.
Is stale bread better for bread pudding?
Not necessarily. It is perfectly fine to use bread that is not stale.
Can bread pudding be made ahead?
Yes, you can make our bread pudding the night before. When you cover it with foil, before baking, just pop in the refrigerator.
The next morning remove from refrigerator and let it come back to room temperature, and then bake as directed in the recipe.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Add raisins or dried cranberries
- Add chopped apples for an Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding
- Use another bread, such as a French baguette or sourdough bread
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- Challah bread
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- confectioners’ sugar
If you're craving a pizza in the morning, make it a Smoked Mozzarella & Prosciutto Breakfast Pizza. These breakfast pizzas are made with store bought pizza crusts topped with pesto, prosciutto, smoked mozzarella and tomatoes, then with an egg. and baked in the oven!
Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding is an easy recipe that’s bursting with fresh bananas, chocolate chunks and walnuts making this bread pudding the perfect brunch or dessert indulgence.
When blueberry season is in full swing, Ginger Glazed Blueberry Scones are the perfect way to savor the sweetness of one of the highest antioxidant foods in the world!
Best Ever Crumb Cake is piled high with buttery crumbs and made with simple basic ingredients from your fridge and pantry.
Easy Cinnamon Bun Bread Pudding Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 1 1/2 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter until combined. Reserve 1/4 cup of brown sugar mixture. Spread remaining brown sugar mixture over bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Top with half (4 cups) of challah bread cubes.
- In small bowl whisk cream cheese and 1/3 cup granulated sugar until blended. Dollop over challah bread. Top with remaining challah bread cubes.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar until blended. Pour over challah bread cubes. Top with reserved brown sugar mixture.
- Cover with foil**. Bake, covered, 50 minutes. Uncover and bake additional 15-20 minutes or until custard mixture is set. Let stand 15 minutes.