Overnight Cinnamon Rolls is an easy make ahead recipe that will be a sweet addition to your brunch menu.
Make Ahead Cinnamon Rolls
With Mother’s Day quickly approaching, it’s time to plan the brunch menu for mom. Put together our Overnight Cinnamon Rolls recipe the day or evening before.
Basic kitchen ingredients combine for a tender dough with a cinnamon brown sugar filling.
A sweet cream cheese frosting is the finishing touch on our cinnamon roll casserole.
Just take it out of the refrigerator the next morning, let it rise for about an hour and then pop it into the oven.
The beauty of this recipe is that the dough is already made when you wake up in the morning.
Just make the cream cheese glaze while the rolls are baking and enjoy.
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Make these cinnamon buns extra special for mom with festive pink sprinkles or sugar flowers!
And trust me when I say, your kitchen will be filled with “Swirls of Flavor” as your homemade cinnamon buns bake.
This sweet casserole will also be delicious when served on Easter, Christmas or at your next brunch get together!
Stop by the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for GG's personal kitchen recommendations!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Don’t let the dough rise before refrigerating.
- Refrigerate your unbaked rolls immediately after assembling in your baking dish.
- Cover rolls tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- You can refrigerate the unbaked rolls for up to about 18 hours.
- Before baking, remove rolls from refrigerator and let rise at room temperature, covered, about 1 hour.
- Remove plastic wrap before baking.
How do you make cinnamon rolls?
- Roll out dough
- Sprinkle with brown sugar cinnamon filling
- Roll up starting at long end of dough
- Cut into twelve rolls
Ingredients for overnight cinnamon roll casserole
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- quick-rising dry yeast
- dark brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- cream cheese
- confectioners' sugar
- vanilla extract
- pink sprinkles or sugar flowers
Easy Recipes for Mother’s Day
Glazed Blueberry Hand Pies are filled with fresh blueberries tossed with blueberry preserves, cinnamon and lemon and baked to perfection in a buttermilk biscuit dough and drizzled with a confectioners sugar glaze!
Bursting with berries, our Lemonade Prosecco Punch is a refreshing punch flavored with puckering raspberry lemonade and bubbly Prosecco. A delicious addition to your brunch menu.
With blueberry season in full swing, Ginger Glazed Blueberry Scones are the perfect way to savor the sweetness of one of the highest antioxidant foods in the world!
Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding is an easy recipe that’s bursting with fresh bananas, chocolate chunks and walnuts making this bread pudding the perfect brunch or dessert indulgence.
Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 1/2-5 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 envelopes (1/4 oz. each) quick-rising dry yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 6 Tbs. butter
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 4 Tbs. butter , melted
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbs. ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 4 Tbs. butter , at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pink sprinkles or sugar flowers
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Combine 2 cups flour, granulated sugar, yeast and salt in a large bowl.
- Microwave milk and butter until butter is melted and mixture is very warm, 128-130 degrees.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until blended. Add eggs and enough remaining flour until a dough forms.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth, about 5 minutes, adding more flour if needed. Roll dough into a 20 x 16-inch rectangle.
- Brush melted butter evenly over top of dough to cover.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over dough.
- Beginning at long end, roll up and pinch seam to seal. cut into 12 pieces.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and arrange rolls, cut sides up in baking dish.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to about 18 hours.
- Before baking, remove rolls from refrigerator and let stand, covered, until dough rises, about hour. While dough is rising, preheat oven to 350F.
- After dough has risen, bake 25 minutes or until tops are golden.
- While rolls are baking, beat cream cheese and butter until blended. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Spread glaze over warm rolls and sprinkle with your favorite sprinkles or top with sugar flowers. Serve warm!
Thanks for stopping by. Leave a tip or comment...