Ginger Glazed Blueberry Scone Recipe are the perfect way to savor the sweetness of juicy blueberry and tangy lemon together in a homemade sweet treat! An easy lemon blueberry scones recipe that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch and even dessert!
Blueberry Scones Recipe
I love the ease of dining al fresco on a summer morning with lemon blueberry scones and a pitcher of iced tea. Add a slight breeze and warm sunshine and my morning just went from good to fabulous!
You will enjoy serving our easy blueberry scones recipe at your next brunch get together, on Mother’s Day to celebrate that special mom in your life and even on Easter Sunday morning.
Actually, anytime you feel like a homemade sweet treat is a good time for a homemade blueberry scone!
With blueberry season in full swing, scones are the perfect way to savor the sweetness of one of the highest antioxidant foods in the world!
If you love blueberries like I do, then you’ll definitely want to make our Glazed Blueberry Mug Cake with Lemon Glaze for a quick no-bake sweet treat.
Prefer raspberries? We’ve got a Raspberry Lemon Mug Cake for you too!
What are the health Benefits of Blueberries?
The list of the health benefits of blueberries is quite amazing.
- high in fiber
- low in calories
- low on the glycemic index
- a natural source of soluble fiber and insoluble fiber
- rich in antioxidants which reverses damage by toxins and free redicals
- aid in weight loss
- restore hormone balance which counteracts acne
- promote heart health
- lower LDL cholesterol naturally
- lower blood pressure naturally
- raise HDL cholesterol naturally
- protect your brain from degeneration, neurotoxicity and oxidative stress.
- benefit your skin by reducing sun damage
So I say, please pass the Ginger Glazed Blueberry Scones!
How to make blueberry scones
- Preheat oven to 400F and coat a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Using pastry cutter cut in butter until mixture is size of very coarse crumbs.
- Stir in blueberries and zest.
- Then stir in milk until mixture just holds together.
- Knead the dough slightly on a lightly floured surface
- Shape dough into an 8-inch circle, about 1-inch thick.
- Cut dough into 8 wedges and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Brush tops with beaten egg and bake 20 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet and transfer to wire rack and cool slightly.
- To make the glaze, combine confectioners’ sugar, ground ginger and water, stirring until smooth. Glaze tops of scones and top with sliced crystallized ginger.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Also delicious when made with fresh raspberries
- Make them double berry scones and add both blueberries and raspberries
- Substitute orange zest or lime zest for the lemon zest
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- lemon zest
- confectioners’ sugar
- ground ginger
- warm water
- crystallized ginger
Have more blueberries on hand? We’ve got more blueberries recipes for you!
Balsamic Blueberry Mascarpone Crostini Recipe is a quick and easy appetizer recipe. Perfect for last minute entertaining, crispy toasts are topped with a sweet and tangy mascarpone cheese, a blueberry compote with hints of balsamic vinegar and fresh basil. A blueberry recipe with a delicious flavor combination.
With just four ingredients, you’ll happily be making these from-scratch pancakes Gluten-Free Blueberry Pancakes over and over again for breakfast.
Combine two favorite summer fruits, blueberries and peaches, for a fabulous side dish of Blueberry Peach Orzo , a lime-kissed orzo pasta is studded with fresh juicy peaches and succulent blueberries. Tender peppery arugula leaves offset the fruity sweetness creating a perfect balance of flavors.
Meyer Lemon Glazed Blueberry Pound Cake starts with a pound cake mix studded with fresh blueberries for a pop of summer berry flavor, enhanced with sour cream for extra moistness and drenched in a Meyer lemon syrup. Finish with a Meyer lemon glaze and candied Meyer lemon slices that complements the berry flavor, and every bite will be a taste of heaven!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Ginger Glazed Blueberry Scone Recipe is the perfect way to savor the sweetness of juicy blueberry and tangy lemon together in a homemade sweet treat! An easy recipe that's perfect for breakfast, brunch and even dessert!
Preheat oven to 400F. Grease baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
In bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
Using pastry cutter, or two knives, cut in butter until mixture is size of very coarse crumbs.
Stir in blueberries and lemon zest. Stir in milk until mixture just holds together.
On a lightly floured surface, knead dough slightly and shape into an 8-inch circle, about 1-inch thick.
Cut into 8 wedges and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
Brush tops with beaten egg and bake 20 minutes or until tops are golden.
Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack and cool slightly.
In bowl combine confectioners' sugar, ground ginger and water, stirring until smooth.
Glaze tops of scones. Top with sliced crystallized ginger. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 8 scones.