Don’t let National Blueberry Month go by without indulging in this amazing Meyer Lemon Glazed Blueberry Pound Cake! Start with a pound cake mix studded with fresh blueberries for a pop of summer berry flavor, enhanced with sour cream for extra moistness, drenched in a Meyer lemon syrup and finished off with a Meyer lemon glaze and candied Meyer lemon slices that complements the berry flavor, and every bite will be a taste of heaven! Meyer lemons are sweeter and milder than standard lemons and have palate-pleasing light herbal flavor notes. They are a delightful addition to this delectable dessert!
Meyer Lemon Glazed Blueberry Poundcake
1 box (16 oz.) pound cake mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, from 1 pint
Meyer Lemon Syrup:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup Meyer lemon juice
3 Meyer lemon slices
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2-3 Tbs. water
1 tsp. Meyer lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 9″x 5″ loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Cake: With mixer on medium speed combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, butter and 1/4 cup water; beat until a thick batter forms, scraping sides of mixing bowl occasionally, about 2 minutes. Stir in blueberries.
3. Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 30 minutes. Transfer to wire rack, flat side down.
4. While cake is baking and/or cooling in pan, prepare Meyer Lemon Syrup: In small saucepot combine granulated sugar, lemon juice and lemon slices. Simmer over medium heat until mixture reduces to 1/3 cup and becomes a thick syrup, 25-30 minutes. Transfer lemon slices to wax paper.
6. Meyer Lemon Glaze: In small bowl combine confectioners’ sugar, and 2 Tbs. water. Add additional water, if necessary, 1 tsp. at a time, until thick glaze forms. Stir in lemon zest.
7. Drizzle glaze over top of cooled pound cake. Garnish with candied lemon slices.
Makes 8 servings.
Disclosure: Posts may include affiliate links. Swirls of Flavor earns a few cents on the dollar if readers purchase the items I recommend at no additional cost to you.