Red White & Blue Berry Trifle combines fresh summer berries, cake, pudding and pie filling. An easy no bake dessert recipe, our fruit trifle is filled with patriotic colors for your holiday gathering.
Easy Trifle Recipe
This weekend, as we remember those who have protected our country and fought for our freedom, and those protecting us now, many of us will gather around the table and break bread together.
A patriotic holiday calls for a patriotic dessert and our Red White & Blue Berry Trifle is just that.
Seasonal berries, along with pie filling, pudding and angel food cake, combine for a summer dessert of patriotic colors.
Whipped topping lightens up the filling making this easy trifle recipe a delightful summer dessert.
And the best part? There’s no baking involved!
Just buy store bought angel food cake and you’re all set. Our no bake dessert is not just festive, it’s so easy to make too.
In just a few minutes you’ll have a dessert that will definitely impress your guests and wow everyone’s tastebuds.
Because really now, you have to admit there's nothing quite like a summer berry trifle especially when it takes just minutes to put together.
So let’s guarantee a sweet finish to your day with our easy trifle recipe, a mouth-watering no-cook dessert, shall we?
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Be sure to visit the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for GG's personal kitchen recommendations!
A very sincere thank you to all who have served our country.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- You can make this recipe ahead and refrigerate, covered, overnight
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce
- Top with chocolate shavings
- Use mason jars or small cups and make individual trifle desserts
- Use your favorite berries such as:
- Substitute store bought pound cake for the store bought angel food cake
- Make a chocolate trifle with berries and use chocolate pudding and chocolate cake
- You can substitute real whipped cream for the whipped topping
Ingredients for angel food cake trifle
- instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- whipped topping
- blueberry pie filling
- strawberry pie filling
- angel food cake
- fresh blueberries
- fresh strawberries
Easy no bake dessert recipes
- Lemon Raspberry Tarts
- S’mores in a Jar
- Cream Cheese Lemonade Pie from Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Pina Colada Pie from Honeybunch Hunts
4th of July Recipes
Berry Sangria Slushy, an easy frozen drink recipe with just two ingredients, will be the hit of your red, white and blue holiday gatherings. A bottle of sangria and your favorite frozen berries are all it takes to whirl up your favorite childhood summertime beverage with an adult twist! Our wine slushie recipe is the grown up slushie that will satisfy the kid in you!
With just four basic kitchen ingredients and some patriotic food colors, you can celebrate our country’s birthday with our 4th of July Sugar Cookies. Easy to make, our colorful cookies are fun for kids and especially delicious too!
Our 4th of July Cupcakes are an easy from scratch recipe for vanilla cupcakes. Topped with a homemade buttercream frosting, decorated with red white and blue stripes and topped with a cherry, they are a perfect fourth of July dessert!
Red White & Blue Berry Trifle
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 pkgs. (3.4 oz. each) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups frozen nondairy whipped topping , thawed, such as Cool Whip, from 1 container (8 oz.)
- 1 can (21 oz.) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (21 oz.) strawberry pie filling
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) store bought baked angel food cake , cut in 1-inch cubes, about 7 cups
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 fresh strawberries
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- In large bowl combine pudding mixes and milk, stirring until blended. Let stand 5 minutes until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in whipped topping until blended.
- In 12-14 cup trifle dish place half of angel food cake cubes on bottom (about 3 ½ cups).
- Top with blueberry pie filling and half (about 2 cups) of pudding mixture.
- Top with remaining angel food cake cubes, strawberry pie filling and remaining pudding mixture.
- Garnish edges with fresh blueberries and 4 strawberries. Place remaining strawberry, fanned, in center.
Your blog is impressive, thanks to the quality of your recipes & other content. We would be glad if you would participate on Contestchef so that your quality recipes can contest with other such bloggers/ recipe creators and win accolades from various players in the global food industry.
Contestchef is a global forum for food/ recipe bloggers to showcase their skills to the world. This is a one of a kind concept and backed by food conglomerates around the world. Several recipe creators/bloggers are already contesting on Contestchef.
Click to join Contestchef
Thanks Nandy. I will be sure to check it out!
I love this red white and blue recipe. Perfect for memorial day and I will be making this for 4th of july as well!
Such a lovely, light summer dessert! And perfectly festive for the 4th!
I've been looking for something fun and festive to serve for Memorial Day and this looks like it's it! Thanks so much for sharing!
I LOVE this recipe! It's fun, festive and always a hit at my summer parties!
Gorgeous and easyyyyyy!!!!!!! I like mixing one fresh fruit and one pie filling fruit. Still super easy and comes together in no time! Thank you!
This looks so good, I have never had this delicious trifle. It is the Perfect dessert for celebrating the 4th of July.
So tasty and perfect the upcoming holiday weekend. Great for large gatherings!
Trifles are such beautiful desserts with all those layers and always so fun to make! This one will be perfect for 1st of July!