Glazed Blueberry Hand Pies are a fun and easy way to have your blueberry pie on the go. Blueberry pie filling bakes inside store bought refrigerated buttermilk biscuits. Warm mini blueberry pies are finished with a sugar glaze for a homemade blueberry hot pocket!
Blueberry Hand Pie Recipe
When you want a pie but don’t have the time to bake one, or the desire to roll out pie dough and bake a full size pie, our hand pies will satisfy your craving.
These little sweet treats are your way to make an easy blueberry pie and an easy way to make your own blueberry hot pockets.
The versatile blueberry hand pie can be your dessert, your breakfast or your snack!
When filling your blueberry hand pies, place the blueberry mixture on the bottom half of your rolled out bisciut dough, as shown above. Fold the top half of the biscuit dough over the filling and seal edges with a fork.
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
A cup of tea and a Blueberry Hand Pie is a delicious way to start your day. Order The Best Loose Leaf Tea from The California Tea House all with FREE SHIPPING!
Blueberry Fun Facts
- Blueberries are grown in North America from April through October
- The peak of the season is in July
- July is National Blueberry Month
- Blueberries available in stores during the winter months are grown in South America
- Legend has it that Native Americans shared their blueberries with the Pilgrims
- This powerful little blue fruit has been around for about 10,000 years
- When properly stored in the refrigerator, blueberries should stay fresh for 1-2 weeks
Keep this recipe in a safe place because, with blueberries available all year long, you can have Glazed Blueberry Hand Pies any time!
Are Blueberries Healthy?
Blueberries a very healthy fruit and, in fact, are referred to as a super food. Blueberries contain:
- vitamin B6
- vitamin C
- contain no cholesterol
- are low in calories
- are high in antioxidants
- are high in nutrients
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- fresh blueberries
- blueberry preserves
- ground cinnamon
- refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits
- confectioners’ sugar
Easy Blueberry Recipes
Love blueberries? Then you'll love these easy blueberry recipes too!
Triple Citrus Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Cups are bursting with fresh blueberries surrounded with crunchy granola and creamy Greek yogurt and flavored with a pop of citrus!
With blueberry season in full swing, Ginger Glazed Blueberry Scones are the perfect way to savor the sweetness of one of the highest antioxidant foods in the world!
With just four ingredients, you’ll happily be making these from-scratch pancakes Gluten-Free Blueberry Pancakes over and over again for breakfast.
Glazed Blueberry Hand Pies
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In bowl combine blueberries, blueberry preserves, flour, lemon juice, lemon zest and cinnamon. Stir until evenly coated; reserve.
- On lightly floured surface, roll each biscuit dough into a 5 1/2″ diameter circle.
- Arrange 1/4 cup reserved blueberry filling in lower center of each dough circle to within 1-inch of edge, as in photo.
- Fold dough over filling to make “hand pie”. Seal edges with fork.
- Arrange hand pies on prepared baking sheet. Spray tops of hand pies with cooking spray.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden and baked through.
- Transfer to wire rack. Let cool slightly.
- For glaze, in small bowl combine confectioners’ sugar and 3 tsp. water, stirring until smooth and adding additional 1 tsp. water if needed to make thick glaze.
- Drizzle over hand pies and serve!