Our Baked Lasagna Roll Ups With Marinara Sauce recipe is bursting with three cheeses and an easy homemade sauce. This baked pasta casserole is a fun twist on a traditional lasagna.
Pasta Casserole Recipe
Let me begin by saying that I no longer make lasagna the traditional way. Nope. Just don’t do that anymore.
Not only is rolling up the lasagna noodles fun and a change of pace, it is now my family’s favorite way to eat lasagna, especially my grandkids!
I started doing this for Thanksgiving several years ago and haven’t looked back. And yes, we serve lasagna alongside the turkey on Thanksgiving. We are Italian and that’s just what my mom always did.
I honor her every holiday when the pasta is placed on the table. My mom was a very accepting person and I’m pretty sure she would highly approve of serving them as roll ups too.
So go ahead and give this recipe a try. A twist on the classic lasagna recipe that’s made with layers of pasta noodles and cheese, our lasagna roll ups recipe will quickly become your new favorite way to serve this classic comfort food!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Cook the lasagna noodles just until al dente. They will continue to soften in the oven.
- Turn this into a meat sauce lasagna recipe and brown ground beef with seasonings before adding the crushed tomatoes.
- This recipe can be prepared ahead, refrigerated in the baking dish (covered) and then baked in the oven.
- You can freeze this recipe before baking. Then bake as directed in the recipe below, adding an additional 15-20 minutes before uncovering and adding the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- You can freeze this recipe after baking it. Just cover tightly and freeze. Then reheat in the oven until heated through.
- For added fresh flavor, sprinkle top of Baked Lasagna Roll Ups with thinly sliced frresh basil leaves.
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Need a break from cooking every now and then? Explore the Best-Selling Meal Plans! Check out the freshly prepared, restaurant quality gourmet meals from Home Bistro that will be delivered right to your very own home. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself because you deserve it!
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- kosher salt
- canned crushed tomatoes
- lasagna noodles
- ricotta cheese
- shredded mozzarella
- grated Parmesan
Easy Pasta Recipes
I guarantee that you’ll love these easy pasta recipes just as much as you’re loving our lasagna roll ups recipe.
Our Instant Pot Spaghetti with Homemade Tomato Sauce recipe is so easy to make. Spaghetti cooks together with just 6 ingredients from your pantry (+ water) for a quick and easy homemade marinara sauce. An instant pot pasta recipe with no preservatives and no sugar added, just lots of delicious flavor!
One Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta makes it’s own velvety tomato sauce and gets it’s creaminess from a secret ingredient….cream cheese! Just stir the ingredients together in one pot, bring to a boil and cook until the pasta is al dente. Stir in the cream cheese, arugula and basil and serve!
Take the ordinary out of dinner tonight with Lasagna Roll-Ups with Vodka Sauce, an easy recipe that you can make ahead! With just 7 ingredients, including a store bought vodka sauce, you can have this pasta recipe ready for your Meatless Monday dinner.
Baked Lasagna Roll Ups with Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat oil, ½ tsp. garlic powder, ½ tsp. basil. ½ tsp. oregano and ½ tsp. kosher salt in medium saucepot over medium-high heat.
- Add crushed tomatoes, water and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan and remaining ½ tsp. garlic powder, ½ tsp. basil. ½ tsp. oregano and ½ tsp. kosher salt. Spread cheese mixture over noodles and roll up beginning at short ends.
- Spread 1 cup sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish. Arrange rollups in single layer over sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce and bake, covered, 45 minutes.
- Uncover, top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, additional 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.