Creamy Pesto Ravioli is an easy recipe for your Meatless Monday dinner tonight. Alfredo sauce, pesto and white wine combine to form a flavorful creamy sauce that coats mini cheese ravioli and fresh tomatoes. Fresh basil adds the finishing touch to this family favorite dinner recipe.
Creamy Pesto Ravioli Recipe
When it comes to getting dinner on the table fast and deliciously, our Creamy Pesto Pasta recipe is your answer. With the ease of frozen ravioli, jarred sauce and pesto (fresh or store bought), the freshness of grape tomatoes and fragrant basil leaves, a fabulous dinner will be ready in no time at all.
Make it easiest on yourself and use store bought pesto or if you have a little extra time, make one of our homemade pesto recipes for that added special touch. Either way, our ravioli with pesto sauce will be a welcome addition to your dinner table!
Learn all about pesto, what does pesto taste like, how to make it, store it and even freeze it, along with lots more pesto recipes!
What is Meatless Monday?
Meatless Monday is a national campaign to raise awareness of the nutritional benefits of eating a meatless diet at least one day a week.
Facts About Meatless Monday
- Originated during World War I to reduce the amount of key food staples to aid the war effort.
- Was revived again during World War II
- Was revived yet again in 2003 as a public health awareness campaign
- Was started in England in 2009 by Sir Paul McCartney (my childhood crush)
- Is now an international observance in twenty nine countries
Benefits of Meatless Monday
Eating meatless at least once a week will:
- Help lower your cholesterol and saturated fat intake
Increase your fiber consumption
Increase your vitamin consumption
Reduce your impact on the environment by using fewer resources to grow our food
Reduce your risk of chronic preventable diseases, such as cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular disease
Improve your chances of living a longer healthier life!
The Meatless Monday phenomenon is in full swing and that's why Creamy Pesto Ravioli is perfect for your dinner tonight! It's time to join the Meatless Monday trend! It's good for your health. It's good for your country. It's good for your planet. And Creamy Pesto Ravioli is good for your taste buds!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- olive oil
- grape tomatoes
- white wine
- Alfredo sauce
- Basil Pesto or store bought pesto
- frozen mini cheese ravioli
- fresh basil
Homemade Pesto Recipes
Homemade pesto is so easy to make. Just whirl it up in your blended or food processor and you'll have a healthy "sauce" for dipping, tossing and topping!
Fresh Mint Spring Pea Pesto is bursting with springtime flavors. Fresh peas and mint put a new spin on the traditional pesto!
If you love pesto as much as I do then you have to try Pesto Florentine made with tender baby spinach leaves, almonds, garlic and a hint of fresh lemon.
A twist on a traditional pesto recipe, Carrot Top Pesto is an easy recipe that takes homemade pesto to an all new level of flavor! Carrot greens and toasted pistachios are a delightful flavor combination in this homemade pesto recipe.
Kale, the trendy super food, combined with toasted almonds, the healthy nut, make for a fabulously delicious and amazingly healthy Kale Pesto! Toss it with your favorite pasta for Meatless Monday, top chicken or fish, serve with vegetables……the possibilities are endless!
Creamy Pesto Ravioli
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion until just beginning to soften, 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook 3-4 minutes until mixture is just tender. Reserve 1/2 cup tomato mixture.
- Add white wine to remaining tomato mixture in skillet; boil 1 minute. Stir in Alfredo sauce and pesto until blended.
- Add cooked ravioli, tossing until evenly coated. Simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish. Top with reserved tomato mixture and sliced basil.