I'm in love....with summer! I just can't get enough of the fresh flavors of this season! My farmer's market had the juiciest sweetest-smelling sun-kissed peaches and succulent blueberries today! A fresh fruit crisp, in my humble opinion, is the perfect way to enjoy these fruits together. Juicy sweetness smothered under a buttery sweet cinnamon topping makes for a beautiful summer evening....and if you dare, top it with a little ice cream!
Blueberry Peach Pecan Crisp
1 lb. peaches, pitted, sliced, 3 heaping cups
1 pint blueberries
1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
2 Tbs. cornstarch
1 Tbs. lemon zest
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
6 Tbs. butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Coat a 6-cup baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In prepared baking dish toss peaches, blueberries, 1/3 cup brown sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest until evenly coated.
3. In a medium bowl combine flour, remaining 2/3 cup brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon until blended. Stir in melted butter until combined.
4. Using fingers, shape into large crumbs and arrange over fruit in baking dish.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until fruit mixture is bubbly and topping is golden.
6. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Fabulously delicious when served with ice cream or whipped topping!
Makes 6 servings.
Yum! This is PERFECT for summer! 🙂