This post contains affiliate links. (Disclosure policy)Best Ever Banana Bread
The aroma of sweet bananas with cinnamon and sugar is swirling around my kitchen as I write this blog post. Hot out of the oven and still cooling in it’s pan, Best Ever Banana Bread is always welcome around here! A favorite of my grandson Matt’s, Best Ever Banana Bread is a little taste of heaven! Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon sweet treat with a cup of tea, a slice of this sweetness makes me happy every time.
Bananas are high in potassium and magnesium as well as vitamins B6 and B12, fiber and protein. And Best Ever Banana Bread is made in one bowl with basic ingredients you most likely have on hand in your kitchen. Don’t you just love that? And it’s a fabulously delicious way to use up those ripening bananas. Just a few minutes of stirring ingredients together and some time in the oven and Banana Bread will be yours to savor, although it won’t be easy waiting for it to cool!
Love anything and everything banana? Then be sure to try Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, Chunky Monkey Bread Pudding, Banana Crème Parfaits and Flourless Chocolate Oat Pancakes. Oh, and did I mention that Best Ever Banana Bread tastes great toasted with a smear of butter or cream cheese too!
This 9″ x 5″ loaf pan by Wilton is a favorite of mine!
Best Ever Banana Bread is made in one bowl with basic ingredients you most likely have on hand in your kitchen!
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas, about 3 large bananas
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- In bowl combine bananas, butter, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until blended.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt until just combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake 1 hour. Loosely cover with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes. Taking bread out of pan sooner might cause it to fall apart!
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Slice and enjoy!
Makes 12 servings.
Tip: Bananas not ripe yet? No problem, just preheat oven to 350F. Bake bananas in their skins on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes or until skins have blackened. Cool slightly and scoop banana out of skins.