With Thanksgiving quickly approaching it’s time to start thinking about what you will be serving your family and friends on my favorite of all holidays. Want to impress? Not a problem! With just a few ingredients and a few minutes of prep time you can absolutely wow your guests and kick off the festivities with this amazing appetizer. This is not your typical ordinary baked Brie recipe. I’ve elevated it to a new level of gourmet with layers of phyllo dough encasing the wheel of Brie and it’s brandied cranberry topping accented with just a hint of rosemary and Dijon and a touch of spice. Everyone will “oh and ah” over your amazing culinary talents, the beautiful presentation and how fabulously delicious your Phyllo Wrapped Brandied Cranberry Baked Brie is! And Skinny Girl’s White Cranberry Cosmos are the perfect complement to serve along with. Garnish your cocktails with dried cranberries and orange peel and you will definitely wow them all!
Phyllo Wrapped Brandied Cranberry Baked Brie
1 1/2 cups sweetened dried cranberries, from 1 (12 oz.) pkg.
½ cup Brandy or Cognac
½ cup hot pepper jelly
1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary or ¼ tsp. dried crushed
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
12 frozen phyllo sheets, thawed, from 1 (16 oz.) pkg.
6 Tbs. butter, melted
1 (35.2 oz.) Brie wheel, 8” diameter
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
2. In microwave safe bowl combine cranberries and Brandy. Microwave 1-2 minutes or until hot. Stir in jelly, rosemary and Dijon. Let stand.
3. Meanwhile, reserve 1 Tbs. melted butter. Place one phyllo sheet on prepared baking sheet; brush with melted butter to coat; top with one phyllo sheet. Repeat with remaining butter and phyllo sheets.
4. Trim and discard rind from top of Brie. Place Brie, trimmed side up, in center of layered phyllo sheets. Spread cranberry mixture over top of Brie.
5. Bring corners of dough up over Brie leaving center uncovered.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden. Let stand 30 minutes-1 hour.
7. Transfer to serving plate. Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and serve with apple slices, grapes and crackers.
Makes 12 servings.