Panko Crusted Beef Rib Roast is surrounded with a seasoned panko crust bursting with flavor. Our rib roast is an easy dinner recipe for entertaining and the holidays.
Beef Rib Roast Recipe
It's time to plan your holiday dinner! The holidays are here. How did that happen so quickly? Popular holiday dinners include ham, turkey and beef rib roast, with the latter being my all time ultimate favorite!
Our bone in rib roast is a delicious and easy recipe for your holiday celebration.
A standing beef rib roast, seasoned with a panko breadcrumb crust of fresh parsley, spices and horseradish mustard, cooks to perfection in the oven, making it the best prime rib roast recipe.
Once you make the seasoned breadcrumb mixture, simply pop the roast in the oven and let the flavors work their magic.
Panko Crusted Beef Rib Roast will surely become your all time ultimate favorite holiday dinner too!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Beef Rib Roast FAQ’s
Is beef rib roast the same as prime rib?
Both of these cuts of beef come from the same primal cut of beef, so yes, a standing rib roast is also known as prime rib. The cut it comes from is called the rib roast, also known as prime rib.
Should a prime rib roast be covered while cooking?
No, you should not cover a rib roast while it is cooking in the oven.
How do you slice a rib roast?
If your rib roast is a bone in roast, slice along the bones between the meat and the bones and remove the bones. Then slice the beef crosswise, against the grain.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Substitute seasoned breadcrumbs for the seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- Make with melted butter in place of the olive oil
- Prefer a boneless rib roast? Go ahead and make this recipe boneless!
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- bone-in center cut beef rib roast
- horseradish mustard
- seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- Montreal steak seasoning
You'll need some side dishes to go with that Rib Roast and a dessert, of course. May I make a few suggestions?
potato recipe from now on! Slices of potatoes are gently boiled in a shallot
cream mixture and then layered with cheese and baked to absolute perfection.
Panko Crusted Beef Rib Roast
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place rib roast in roasting pan. Spread mustard evenly over top of roast.
- In bowl combine panko, parsley, olive oil and steak seasoning. Press crumb mixture on top of roast. Mustard will act as the “glue” to hold the crumbs on.
- Roast 15-20 minutes per pound or until meat thermometer reads 145F for medium rare.
- Let roast rest 10 minutes before carving.