Panko Crusted Beef Rib Roast is surrounded with a seasoned panko crust bursting with flavor. Our rib roast is an easy dinner recipe for entertaining and the holidays.
Beef Rib Roast Recipe
It's time to plan your holiday dinner! The holidays are here. How did that happen so quickly?
Popular holiday dinners include ham, turkey and beef rib roast, with the latter being my all time ultimate favorite!
Our bone in rib roast is a delicious and easy recipe for your holiday celebration.
Are you familiar with this cut of meat? It is a prime grade of beef and is so tender and delicious. The fat marbling on the beef and the rib bones add so much flavor.
If you prefer, boneless prime rib roasts will also be delicious in this recipe too.
A standing beef rib roast, seasoned with a panko breadcrumb crust of fresh parsley, spices and horseradish mustard, cooks to perfection in the oven, making it the best prime rib roast recipe.
Once you make the seasoned breadcrumb mixture, simply pop the roast in the oven and let the flavors work their magic.
You can also make a delicious homemade gravy with the pan juices.
Panko Crusted Beef Rib Roast, with a delicious breadcrumb crust, will surely become your all time ultimate favorite holiday dinner too!
For Christmas dinner or any time during the holiday season, a perfect prime rib roast is always a good choice for a special occasion dinner.
And if you love fresh herbs, you'll want to make our herb crusted beef rib roast too.
Be sure to check out the many easy Christmas recipes here at Swirls!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Stop by and visit the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for GG's personal kitchen recommendations!
How to make a prime rib roast
Scroll down for the full recipe instructions and ingredient amounts in the recipe card below
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place a roasting rack on the bottom of the roasting pan
- Place rib roast in the roasting pan on the wire rack. Spread mustard evenly over the top of the roast
- In a mixing bowl combine panko, parsley, olive oil and steak seasoning. Press the crumb mixture on top of the roast. Mustard will act as the “glue” to hold the crumbs on.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes per pound or until the internal temperature registers 145F for medium rare on an instant-read thermometer.
- Let roast rest for 10 minutes before carving on a cutting board.
Beef Rib Roast FAQ’s
Is beef rib roast the same as prime rib?
Both of these cuts of beef come from the same primal cut of beef, so yes, a standing rib roast is also known as prime rib. The cut it comes from is called the rib roast, also known as prime rib.
Should a prime rib roast be covered while cooking?
No, you should not cover a rib roast while it is cooking in the oven.
How do you slice a rib roast?
If your rib roast is a bone-in roast, slice along the bones between the meat and the bones and remove the bones. Then slice the beef crosswise, against the grain.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Prefer a boneless rib roast? Go ahead and make this recipe with a boneless roast!
- Let the beef come to room temperature before roasting it in the oven
- The cooking time will vary based on the level of doneness that you prefer
- When checking the temperature of the beef, check its temperature in the thickest part of the roast
- For best results be sure to use a sharp knife for carving
- Substitute seasoned breadcrumbs for the seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- Make the recipe with melted butter in place of the olive oil
- You can use Dijon mustard if you don't care for the horseradish mustard
Ingredients for prime rib roast
- bone-in center-cut beef rib roast
- horseradish mustard
- seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- Montreal steak seasoning
You'll need some side dishes to go with that Rib Roast and a dessert, of course. May I make a few suggestions?
potato recipe from now on! Slices of potatoes are gently boiled in a shallot
cream mixture and then layered with cheese and baked to absolute perfection.
Panko Crusted Beef Rib Roast
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place rib roast on a wire rack in roasting pan. Spread mustard evenly over top of the roast.
- In bowl combine panko, parsley, olive oil and steak seasoning. Press crumb mixture on top of roast. Mustard will act as the “glue” to hold the crumbs on.
- Roast 15-20 minutes per pound or until meat thermometer reads 145F for medium rare.
- Let roast rest 10 minutes before carving.