Roasted Chicken With Apples is an easy recipe bursting with seasonal flavors. Sweet apples and savory onions and garlic roast together with chicken seasoned with the warm spices of autumn.
Chicken With Apples
Fall is here and so are juicy crisp apples! It's time for apple recipes. And it's time for a sweet and savory baked chicken with apples!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
So let's heat up the oven for oven roasted cinnamon spiced apples with chicken for dinner tonight.
Roasted Chicken With Apples is an easy recipe of melt-in-your-mouth chicken seasoned with the warm spices of autumn, buttery apples, savory onions and tender sweet cloves of roasted garlic.
Baked chicken and apples is always a perfect comfort food recipe especially when it's apple picking season and there's a chill in the air and perfect for Sunday Supper.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Use your favorite baking apples to make this recipe
- Add chopped fresh ginger
- Use red onions or sweet onions
- Make recipe with a cut-up chicken and save on cooking time
What kind of apples are best for baking?
Apples that are best for baking include:
- Granny Smith
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- Gala and/or Granny Smith apples
- ground cinnamon
- dried marjoram
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- whole roaster chicken
- garlic powder
When it's apple picking season, it's time to make apple recipes and also pick up apple cider for our fall drink recipes too!
Mulled Apple Cider infuses with fresh ginger, cinnamon sticks and clementines in your slow cooker for a delicious seasonal drink. Just add Bourbon to kick off your holiday get together!
Apple Cider Sangria is an easy recipe that adds a fall spin to your sangria! Apple cider, applejack brandy and a sweet white wine combine with a hint of vanilla to create your new favorite autumn cocktail!
Roasted Cinnamon Apples ‘n Chicken
- 3 Gala and/or Granny Smith apples , cored, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 large onion , sliced 1/2″ thick, 1 1/2 cups
- 1 head garlic , peeled
- 2 Tbs. butter , melted
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon , divided
- 3/4 tsp. dried marjoram , divided
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt , divided
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 (6-7 lbs.) whole roaster chicken
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In bowl combine apples, onion, garlic cloves, butter, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. marjoram, 1/4 tsp. kosher salt and cracked black pepper; reserve.
- Season chicken with remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. marjoram, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and garlic powder.
- Roast 15-20 minutes per pound or until chicken juices run clear and thermometer reads 180F, arranging reserved apple mixture in roasting pan around chicken and roasting during last 45 minutes of cooking time for chicken.