Roasted Cinnamon Apples N Chicken is an easy recipe of melt-in-your-mouth buttery apples, savory onions, tender sweet cloves of roasted garlic and chicken seasoned with the warm spices of autumn. Roasted Chicken is always a perfect comfort food recipe especially when it’s apple picking season and there’s a chill in the air.
Roasted Chicken Recipe
Fall is here and so are juicy crisp apples! Time to heat up the oven for oven roasted cinnamon spiced apples with chicken for dinner! Melt-in-your-mouth buttery apples, savory onions, tender sweet cloves of roasted garlic and chicken seasoned with the warm spices of autumn make for a fabulously delicious comfort food dinner. Baked chicken with apples, perfect for Sunday Supper!
More Apple Recipes
When it’s apple picking season, it’s time to make apple recipes and also pick up apple cider for our fall drink recipes too!
Studded with chopped apples that have been tossed in cinnamon sugar, Cinnamon Honey Apple Loaf Cake is sweetened with honey and also topped with a sugar honey glaze.
Just in time for apple season, Peanut Butter Honey Apple Slices are an easy healthy snack that the entire family will love. Slices of juicy sweet apples topped with creamy peanut butter, candy-like dried cranberries, crunchy sliced almonds, flecks of tropical coconut and bits of chocolate are drizzled with a cinnamon flecked honey.
Mulled Apple Cider infuses with fresh ginger, cinnamon sticks and clementines in your slow cooker for a delicious seasonal drink. Just add Bourbon to kick off your holiday get together!
Apple Cider Sangria is an easy recipe that adds a fall spin to your sangria! Apple cider, applejack brandy and a sweet white wine combine with a hint of vanilla to create your new favorite autumn cocktail!
Melt-in-your-mouth buttery apples, savory onions, tender sweet cloves of roasted garlic and chicken seasoned with the warm spices of autumn make for a fabulously delicious comfort food dinner.
- 3 Gala and/or Granny Smith apples, cored, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 large onion, sliced 1/2″ thick, 1 1/2 cups
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 tsp. dried marjoram, divided
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 whole roaster chicken, 6-7 lbs.
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In bowl combine apples, onion, garlic cloves, butter, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. marjoram, 1/4 tsp. kosher salt and cracked black pepper; reserve.
- Season chicken with remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. marjoram, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and garlic powder.
- Roast 15-20 minutes per pound or until chicken juices run clear and thermometer reads 180F, arranging reserved apple mixture in roasting pan around chicken and roasting during last 45 minutes of cooking time for chicken.
Makes 6 servings.