Feel like having an oatmeal cookie? Feel like having an apple crisp? Now you can have both with every bite of this warm sweet Oatmeal Cookie Apple Crisp! Apple slices and juicy dried cranberries are sweetened and spiced with sugars and cinnamon that create a fabulously delicious syrupy sauce under the crisp and buttery oatmeal cookie topping. Stir in almonds that toast while baking in the oven and finish it off with a sprinkle of confectioners’ sugar and it doesn’t get much better than this….well, except maybe if you top it with whipped cream or ice cream, oh yes, that would be even better!
Oatmeal Cookie Apple Crisp
3 lbs. Gala apples, peeled, cored, sliced, about 7 cups
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 pouch (17.5 oz.) oatmeal cookie mix, such as Betty Crocker
1/2 cup sliced almonds
8 Tbs. butter, melted
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 6-cup baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In prepared dish combine apples, cranberries, brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon until blended.
3. In bowl combine cookie mix, almonds and butter until moist crumbs form. Arrange crumbs on top of apple mixture.
4. Bake 45 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and crumbs are golden. Let stand 15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar…..and serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if you dare!
Makes 8 servings.