This post contains affiliate links. (Disclosure policy)Hooray! Hooray! It’s National Pancake Day! And with Pumpkin Spice season in full swing the pancakes must be Pumpkin Spice Pancakes, of course! The time for making pancakes from a box mix is over forever. No more “just add water”. No more “add eggs and oil”. From now on it’s fabulous homemade pancakes and today they are flavored with pumpkin pie spice and pure pumpkin puree and lightened with bubbly seltzer for a divine breakfast on a crisp fall morning. Whether you call them pancakes, flapjacks or hotcakes, and whether you eat them for breakfast or have breakfast for dinner, it’s time to heat up the griddle or skillet. When National Pancake Day meets Pumpkin Spice season a beautiful comfort food is born. So slather on the creamy butter, drizzle with pure maple syrup and celebrate National Pancake Day……oh my mouth is watering already!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 Tbs. homemade pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 large egg
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 cup seltzer or club soda
maple syrup and butter, serving suggestions
1. Combine flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, kosher salt and baking powder.
2. Stir in egg and pumpkin puree.
3. Add seltzer and stir until just blended.
4. Coat large non-stick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
5. Cook pancakes, turning once, until cooked through. 6. Serve with butter and maple syrup, of course!
Makes 2 1/3 cups batter/about 12 (3-inch) pancakes