Our Easy Easter Egg Butter Cookies recipe is made with basic ingredients from your kitchen pantry and fridge. A buttery cookie that's cut into shapes and topped with an easy confectioners’ sugar glaze and your favorite sprinkles! Easter Egg Butter Cookies are the perfect dessert.
Easy Butter Cookies
Have you been looking for the best butter cookie recipe? Look no further, you’ve found it!
When you’re craving a homemade cookie and you only have basic kitchen ingredients on hand, our recipe will be your go-to for sure. Butter, egg, confectioners sugar, vanilla and flour bake up into a delicious buttery cookie. Top it with a confectioners sugar glaze and your favorite sprinkles and let the festivities begin!
What flavors can I add to a butter cookie?
Since our butter cookie recipe is a basic cookie, you can personalize the flavor with the addition of one or more of the following ingredients:
- orange zest
- lemon zest
- lime zest
- coconut extract
- strawberry extract
- almond extract
- mini chocolate chips
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- butter, at room temperature
- confectioners’ sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- warm water
- assorted sprinkles or sugar sparkles
Easy Easter Dessert Recipes
Coconut Lemon Cake is an easy recipe for a from scratch layer cake. A homemade coconut buttercream dusted with flaked coconut surrounds moist cake layers. Coconut and lemon are a classic flavor combination and our tangy lemon filling making every bite a taste of heaven!
A perfect springtime and Easter dessert! No-Bake Raspberry Lemon Thyme Tartlets are a 5 ingredient quick and easy dessert that’s bursting with spring flavors and fruity sweetness!
Our Easter Egg Coconut Cupcakes are the perfect ending for your Easter celebration this year. Easy homemade cupcakes topped with a homemade coconut buttercream frosting are decorated with shredded coconut and malted milk robin egg candy. Big and little kids will all love these easy coconut cupcakes!
Made with basic ingredients, Ginger Glazed Blueberry Scones are the perfect way to savor the sweetness of juicy blueberry and tangy lemon together in a homemade sweet treat! An easy lemon blueberry scones recipe that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch and even dessert!
Easy Easter Egg Butter Cookies
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3-4 Tbs. warm water
- Assorted sprinkles or sugar sparkles
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- With mixer on medium-high beat butter until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add 1 cup confectioners’ sugar until blended.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in flour until a cookie dough forms.
- Knead dough on a generously floured surface until smooth. Divide dough in half.
- Roll out half of dough to ¼-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut out cookies and arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until edges and bottoms are golden. Cool 3 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining half of cookie dough.
- Combine 2 cups confectioners’ sugar and warm water until a thick glaze forms.
- Spread glaze over tops of cookies and sprinkle with your choice of sprinkles or sugar sparkles.