Chicken Milanese, “in the style of Milan”, typically is a breaded chicken cutlet topped with greens. I’ve lightened up this traditional dish for summer by seasoning and just grilling the chicken and then topping it with baby greens tossed in a Lemon & Fresh Basil Vinaigrette. Lots of fresh summer flavors in every bite! Fire up the grill! It’s time for a fabulously delicious summertime dinner!
Chicken Milanese with Lemon & Fresh Basil Vinaigrette
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
1 Tbs. thinly sliced fresh basil
1 Tbs. lemon juice
2 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. honey
4 cups baby greens, 4 ounces
1/2 cup orange and/or red grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1. Preheat grill for direct heat grilling.
2. Season chicken with 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, dried basil and pepper.
3. Grill chicken until juices run clear and meat thermometer reads 165F, turning once.
4. Meanwhile, in bowl combine oil, white balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey and remaining 1/4 tsp. kosher salt until blended.
5. Add baby greens and tomatoes. Toss until evenly coated.
6. Arrange chicken on serving platter. Top with baby greens.
Makes 4 servings.