Garlic, lemon and parsley….the typical ingredients in a classic gremolata. How about we change that up a bit with the fresh flavors of cilantro and lime? Sprinkled over Chili Spiced Chicken, Cilantro Lime Gremolata lends the perfect balance to the subtle heat of the spices. Finish with a drizzle of fresh lime juice and summertime just got a lot more delicious!
Grilled Chili Spiced Chicken With Cilantro Lime Gremolata
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 large scallion, white and light green parts chopped, about 1/4 cup
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 Tbs. grated lime zest
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- Preheat grill for direct-heat grilling.
- Combine cilantro, scallions, garlic and lime zest and reserve.
- Season both sides of chicken with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and kosher salt.
- Grill chicken, turning once, until juices run clear and meat thermometer registers 165F.
- Top chicken with reserved cilantro gremolata and drizzle with lime juice. Serve with lime wedges.
Makes 4 servings.