Three ingredients and a blender are all it takes to make our Mango Sorbet Recipe. Fresh mango, pineapple juice and a hint of lime are the perfect combination of sweet and tangy flavors for this homemade sorbet.
Mango Sorbet Recipe
Tropical, creamy, rich and sweet, with a just a hint of tartness, our Mango Sorbet Recipe is so refreshing on a hot summer day!
Just three ingredients in a blender and there you go! Mango sorbet without an ice cream maker!
Fresh mango, pineapple juice and a hint of lime are the perfect combination of sweet and tangy flavors for this homemade mango sorbet.
Now this is my kind of way to cool down on a hot day! A tropical sorbet transports me to a faraway place.
Sorbet, unlike ice cream and gelato, does not contain milk or cream. Made of a fruit puree and juice or simple syrup, a sorbet is a sweet frozen treat that is especially delicious as a summertime dessert or afternoon treat.
Sorbets can also be served between the courses of a meal to “cleanse your palate”.
Cool off with more frozen desserts here at Swirls!
How many calories in one cup of mango?
One cup of mango is just 100 calories.
Are mangoes healthy for you?
Yes, mangoes are healthy for you. Mangos contain more than 20 different vitamins and minerals giving them the recognition of being a superfruit!
A serving of mango is:
- cholesterol free
- sodium free
- fat free
What does a mango taste like?
There are many varieties of mangoes and their flavors can be creamy, sweet, rich, spicy and/or fruity. My friends at the Mango Board describe each variety for you on their website at Choosing Mango Varieties.
Learn more about mangos from my friends at The Mango Board. #ShareMangoLove
How to make mango sorbet in a blender
Scroll down for the full recipe instructions and ingredient amounts in the recipe card below
- Puree mango, orange juice and lime juice until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a freezer safe container.
- Freeze at least 2 hours or until just set.
- If desired, garnish with fresh mango slices and mint leaves.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Substitute orange juice for the pineapple juice
- Stir in bits of chopped mango for added texture
- If sorbet has been in the freezer for awhile and is frozen solid, let stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes until you are able to scoop it
Ingredients to make homemade sorbet
- mango – a sweet tropical fruit with a buttery texture
- pineapple – adds a sweetness along with a hint of tartness
- lime juice – bright citrus notes
- mango slices and mint leaves- optional garnishes
Recipes with Mango
Mango Salsa puts a summery spin on our fish Tacos! Fish Tacos With Mango Pico De Gallo is an easy fish tacos recipe that's bursting with tropical flavors! Season and grill your favorite fish then top with a fresh homemade Mango Pico De Gallo for mouthwatering grilled fish tacos.
When you combine sweet buttery mango with tart mouthwatering pineapple and a hint of lime, Pineapple Mango Ice Pops become the perfect cool-me-off frozen treat on a hot and humid summer day!
Grilled Avocado With Mango Salsa is an easy recipe for lightly seasoned avocados that are grilled to perfection and topped with a homemade lime-kissed mango salsa. Delicious as an appetizer or side dish, these grilled avocados will be the hit of your summer entertaining!
Chipotle Mango Vinaigrette is a sweet yet tangy creamy vinaigrette with just a hint of spice. Juicy sweet mango combines with key lime juice and honey for a fresh summery flavor combination that will dance on your taste buds.
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Love your Happy Hour cocktail? Why not give The California Wine Club's Premier Series, the most popular of all the clubs a try and have wine delivered right to your doorstep!
Mango Sorbet Recipe
- 4 cups chopped fresh mango
- 1/2 cup pineapple or orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- fresh mango slices and mint leaves optional garnish
- Puree mango, orange juice and lime juice in blender until smooth.
- Transfer to freezer safe container and freeze at least 2 hours or until just set.
- Garnish with fresh mango slices and mint leaves, if desired.
*If sorbet has been in the freezer for awhile and is frozen solid, let stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes until you are able to scoop it.