A hint of jalapeno, warm spices and a trio of beans flavor our ground beef chili. Three Bean Chili With Ground Beef combines two kinds of tomatoes and is an easy recipe that cooks on your stove top.
Ground Beef Chili Recipe
The temperature is dipping down here in Jersey. My chilly bones are telling me it’s time to cook up a pot of our Three Bean Chili today.
Made with basic kitchen ingredients, most that you can keep on hand in your pantry, our chili recipe couldn’t get any easier to make.
Black beans, kidney beans and pinto beans make up our trio of beans. Just drain these canned beans and add to the pot.
Two types of canned of tomatoes make a flavorful saucy base for our ground beef chili.
Red bell pepper adds sweetness and jalapeno pepper lends a layer of heat and spice.
Our mouth-watering beef and bean chili is packed with flavor and nutrition.
I’m definitely going to cozy up to a piping hot bowl of this triple bean beef chili and welcome the warmth it gives.
What is chili?
Chili is defined as a thick sauce of meat and chilies. Chili can be made of ground beef or beef pieces and can be made with or without beans.
What are some types of chili?
Types of chili include:
- chili con carne
- chili verde
- red chili
- vegetarian chili
- white chili
What is chili con carne?
Chili con carne is a spicy stew recipe made with beef, tomatoes, beans and chili powder.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Use your favorite color of bell pepper in place of the red bell pepper
- Make with your favorite canned beans
- Make it spicier and add more chili powder
- Add extrat and stir in the jalapeno seeds too
- Make with ground turkey
- Make with ground chicken
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- ground beef
- red bell pepper
- chili powder
- kosher salt
- ground cumin
- garlic powder
- black beans
- red kidney beans
- pinto beans
- crushed tomatoes
- diced tomatoes & green chilies
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Three Bean Chili With Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion , chopped, 1 cup
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped, 1 cup
- 1 jalapeno , seeded and minced, 2 Tbs.
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 ounces red kidney beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28 ounces ) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) Ro-Tel diced tomatoes & green chilies
- chopped avocado
- chopped cilantro
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- In large pot cook ground beef, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, chili powder, kosher salt, cumin and garlic powder over medium-high heat until ground beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add black beans, red kidney beans and pinto beans.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and Ro-Tel diced jalapenos and green chilies and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chili with shredded cheese, chopped avocado, chopped cilantro and sour cream.