Even the cookies are sparkling for New Year’s Eve! Dress up your dessert table with Silver & Gold Chocolate Glitter Cookies and ring in a new year that’s shimmering with hope and goodness! A rich chocolate cocoa cookie surrounded with twinkling silver and gold sugars is easy to make and so impressive to serve. And we all know that glitter makes everything better!
Silver & Gold Chocolate Glitter Cookie
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
silver sugar glitter*
gold sugar glitter*
1. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and baking soda in medium bowl until blended; reserve.
2. With mixer on medium-high beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined and blended, about 3 minutes.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
4. Add reserved flour mixture and beat until a thick dough forms.
5. Using wet hands, shape into 1-inch balls and chill 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F.
7. Roll cookie dough in glitter and arrange 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
8. Bake 14 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 3 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
Makes 60 cookies.
*Edible sugar glitter is available in the cake decorating departments at craft stores or order at amazon.com by clicking the links above.