Cinnabun Swirl Valentine Sugar Cookies….a deliciously sweet way to say “I love you” on Valentine’s Day! So why not bake up a little love for the special people in your life? Beginning with refrigerated sugar cookie dough swirled with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter, and ending with sprinkles, this cookie is a snap to bake! Your home will definitely be filled with “Swirls of Flavor” when Cinnamon Swirl Valentine Sugar Cookies are baking in your oven! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Cinnabun Swirl Valentine Sugar Cookies
1 pkg. (16.5oz.) refrigerated sugar cookies dough
2 Tbs. flour
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 Tbs. butter, melted
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
3 Tbs. + 2 tsp. warm water
pink food color
pink and/or red sprinkles
pink and/or red cake sparkles
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine sugar cookies dough and flour until blended. On lightly floured surface roll dough out to 9″ x 12″ rectangle.
3. In small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Sprinkle evenly over dough. Gently press to adhere.
4. Beginning at long side, roll up dough. Freeze 30 minutes.
5. Cut into 36 slices. Arrange, flat side down, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake, in batches, 18 minutes or until edges are golden.
6. Cool in pan 3 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
7. In small bowl combine confectioners’ sugar and warm water. Stir until smooth and blended. Tint half of glaze mixture with pink food color.
8. Decorate cookies as desired with glaze, sprinkles and/or cake sparkles.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.