Show someone how much you love them this Valentine’s Day, or any day, with Cinnamon Sugar Cookies, an easy recipe that starts with a refrigerated cookie dough. A filling of brown sugar, cinnamon and butter creates swirls of sugar that fill every bite of these easy to make cookies!
Cinnamon Sugar Cookies Recipe
Bursting with the flavors of a cinnabun, our cinnamon swirl cookies bake into a deliciously sweet way to say “I love you” on Valentine’s Day! So why not bake up a little love for the special people in your life?
Beginning with refrigerated sugar cookie dough rolled up with a brown sugar, cinnamon and butter filling, and ending with festive sprinkles, this cookie is a snap to bake! Your home will definitely be filled with “Swirls of Flavor” when cookies with sugar swirls are baking in your oven! Happy Valentine’s Day!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- refrigerated sugar cookies dough
- dark brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- confectioners’ sugar
- warm water
- pink food color
- pink and/or red sprinkles
- pink and/or red cake sparkles
Homemade Cookie Recipes
Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies combine the flavors of chocolate and coffee in a decadent cookie for the holiday season. When deep rich chocolate cookie dough is flavored with espresso, studded with mini chocolate chips and rolled in festive holiday sprinkles, every bite is an indulgence. An easy cookie recipe to add to your baking list, this is definitely the best holiday cookie recipe around!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies are a gluten free cookie option. Flourless peanut butter cookies are rolled in glistening sugar and studded with mini bits of chocolate. Every bite will remind you of a peanut butter cup candy!
Cranberry Almond Oatmeal Cookies are filled with sweet tart dried cranberries, crunches of almonds and a hint of crystallized ginger all in a brown sugar and oats cookie dough. Our oatmeal cookies will take you back to your childhood and are the perfect accompaniment to a tall glass of milk!
A rich chocolate cocoa cookie surrounded with twinkling silver and gold sugars is easy to make and so impressive to serve. It’s time to bake up Chocolate Glitter Cookies because we all know that glitter makes everything better!
Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine sugar cookies dough and flour until blended. On lightly floured surface roll dough out to 9″ x 12″ rectangle.
- In small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Sprinkle evenly over dough. Gently press to adhere.
- Beginning at long side, roll up dough. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Cut into 36 slices. Arrange, flat side down, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake, in batches, 18 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool in pan 3 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- In small bowl combine confectioners’ sugar and warm water. Stir until smooth and blended. Tint half of glaze mixture with pink food color.
- Decorate cookies as desired with glaze, sprinkles and/or cake sparkles.