Just in time for National Homemade Cookies Day.....Gluten Free Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies! You don't have to be allergic to gluten to indulge in these fabulously delicious gluten free cookies! Gluten, found in wheat flour, has been quite the topic of conversation in recent years because wheat is genetically modified. In my opinion as a nutritionist, that's reason enough for everyone to stay away from it! While working as a Culinary Consultant I came up with a combination of gluten free flours that give gluten free cookies enough structure to hold together without having to add xanthan gum to the mix.....bonus! So bake up some cookies, pour yourself a tall glass of cold milk and celebrate National Homemade Cookies Day today!
Gluten Free Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine oat flour, coconut flour, potato flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- With mixer on medium-high beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely....or, if you just can't resist, eat them warm with melty chocolate chips!