Aged Irish white cheddar cheese and Asiago combine to make our Irish Cheddar Mac and Cheese creamy, cheesy and fabulously delicious! Our mac and cheese casserole will be a highlight on your Saint Patrick's Day table this year.
Mac and cheese casserole
Growing up with a dad who was born and raised in Ireland and had the best Irish brogue, and a mom who was first generation Italian (maiden name Lamborghini, yes, very Italian, and yes, related to the car, made for an interesting family dynamics.
My dad’s one request was that there be a bowl of boiled potatoes on the table every evening for dinner. My mom obliged, even when she had prepared a big bowl of homemade pasta and meatballs there was that bowl of boiled potatoes proudly sitting next to that bowl of pasta!
Being the diplomat that I am, I’ve created a recipe with Irish Cheddar cheese, for my dad, and pasta, for my mom. Guaranteed to be a family favorite, our Irish White Cheddar Mac and Cheese is both creamy and cheesy, and you don’t have to be Irish to love it!
Guaranteed to be a family favorite, Irish Cheddar Mac and Cheese is both creamy and cheesy. You don’t have to be Irish to love our mac and cheese casserole because everyone loves mac and cheese! Make it with an Irish white cheddar cheese and you're all set for your St. Patrick's Day celebration.
This St. Patrick’s Day I fondly remember my dad, my own personal little leprechaun.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- cavatappi pasta
- dry mustard powder
- kosher salt
- canned evaporated milk
- Aged Irish Cheddar, such as Kerrygold
- Asiago cheese
- seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
Saint Patrick’s Day recipes
Every one needs to be Irish on Saint Patrick's Day and what better way to join in the celebration than with a feast fit for an Irishman!
Kick off your party with Shamrock Shake Shooters! Our shooters are made with vanilla ice cream, Irish Whiskey, mint flavoring and tinted green, and are sure to be the hit of your Saint Patrick's Day! Kids will love these little shooters too, without the Irish whiskey of course!
Short on time? Corned Beef and Cabbage Casserole combines all the flavors of your St. Patrick's Day dinner in one dish. Cabbage, carrots and sweet onions sauteed in a Guinness reduction are layered with cheddar and potato filled pierogies, corned beef and aged Irish cheddar cheese. Corned Beef and Cabbage Casserole is a mouthwatering casserole guaranteed to please your favorite Irishman!
Prefer to make your slow cooker do the work? Then Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Guinness Reduction is the recipe for you. The flavors of Guinness, brown sugar and horseradish mustard will simmer in your slow cooker all day long and infuse your corned beef. Once you’re home just boil up the juices and make yourself a beautiful Guinness reduction to drizzle over your corned beef and mashed potatoes!
Give your cabbage a face lift this Saint Patrick's Day with our Roasted Cabbage Wedges With Bacon recipe! Wedges of cabbage are seasoned, oven roasted to tender perfection, then sprinkled with crumbled crispy bacon and fresh parsley leaves.
Colcannon With Kale And Leeks is an updated twist on the traditional Irish mashed potato recipe. Cabbage is replaced with the super food kale and buttery leeks flavor this creamy Irish potato dish.
No-Bake Bailey's Irish Cream Puddin N Cake Parfaits is an easy dessert recipe combiningIrish Cream, pudding and cake. You’re guaranteed to delight taste buds and make everyone wish they were Irish when you serve these no-bake Irish parfaits!
Irish Cheddar Mac ‘n Cheese
- 8 ounces cavatappi pasta , cooked and drained
- 3 Tbs. butter , divided
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 1 tsp. dry mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 pkg. (7 oz.) Aged Irish Cheddar , such as Kerrygold, shredded, about 2 1/2 cups
- 4 oz. Asiago cheese , shredded, about 1 heaping cup
- 1/3 cup seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbs. chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 1.5 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large saucepot melt 2 Tbs. butter over medium-high heat. Add flour, mustard powder and salt, stirring until smooth.
- Whisk in milk and evaporated milk until smooth. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add Irish Cheddar and Asiago cheeses, stirring until smooth and melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in cooked pasta until combined and evenly coated. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In small bowl remaining 1 Tbs. butter; stir in panko. Sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake 25 minutes or until panko is lightly browned and mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!