It’s hard to believe that our Creamy Tomato Soup starts with a can of tomato soup. Just add canned diced tomatoes and a touch of cream, top with our Grilled Cheese Croutons, and lunch just became a dining experience!
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
We all know that the best way to savor a grilled cheese sandwich is with a bowl of piping hot creamy tomato soup! And April 12th is National Grilled Cheese Day so let's get this party started!
Just add diced tomatoes and a touch of cream to canned tomato soup, such as Campbell's tomato soup, and you won’t believe how delicious it becomes. But wait, there's more!
Make it even better by topping with the latest trend of grilled cheese croutons. I do wish I could claim credit for this amazing concept but instead I can only take credit for making the best of this new phenomenon of grilled cheese croutons by combining crispy bacon, sharp cheddar cheese and potato bread.
Trust me when I say, our classic Creamy Tomato Soup With Cheddar Bacon Grilled Cheese Croutons will simmer on your stove top and warm you up on a chilly fall day especially when it's topped with grilled cheese croutons of crispy bacon, sharp cheddar cheese and potato bread.
Happy Grilled Cheese (& Bacon) Day!
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- potato bread
- sharp cheddar cheese
- condensed tomato soup
- canned diced tomatoes
- heavy cream
- parsley, optional
Easy Homemade Soup Recipes
When it comes to comfort food, a piping hot bowl of homemade soup is top on my list. I think you'll enjoy these soup recipes too!
Seasoned with fresh basil and filled with tortellini and springtime greens, Grandma's Dandelion Soup has been a favorite in my family throughout the generations!
Quinoa Lentil Broth Bowl is an easy recipe for a hearty bowl of soup filled with lentils, quinoa, carrots, kale and a hint of lemon in a light tomato broth. Switch out the chicken broth for vegetable broth, top with an egg and have a perfect Meatless Monday dinner!
The fresh clean flavors of garlic, fresh ginger and lime and the buttery creaminess of chunks of avocados come together to create Avocado Lime Chicken Soup, a new comfort soup favorite!
Ready in a matter of minutes, Instant Pot Curried Cauliflower Soup is amazingly rich and silky, packed with fresh veggies and great flavor. You won’t believe that there’s no cream or cheese in it!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Creamy Tomato Soup with Bacon Cheddar Grilled Cheese Croutons
- 2 slices potato bread
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese , about 1 oz. each slice
- 2 slices bacon , crisp-cooked and drained
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- chopped parsley , optional
- Top one slice potato bread with one slice cheese, cooked bacon, remaining slice cheese and remaining slice potato bread.
- Melt butter in small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook sandwich until cheese is melted and sandwich is golden, turning once and pressing gently so cheese melts into bacon, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to cutting board. Cut into 12 “croutons”.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepot combine tomato soup, diced tomatoes with their juices and water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in heavy cream. Simmer until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Top with croutons. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.