Chipotle Brownies is an easy homemade brownie recipe for the chocolate lovers in your life. With a creamy chocolate ganache on top and a hint of spice inside Chipotle Brownies will be the grand finale at your Cinco de Mayo fiesta!
Chipotle Brownies Recipe
Turn on the mariachi music, get out your brightly colored dishes and open the tequila because it’s time for a fiesta! And what’s the best part of the fiesta, besides the margaritas? It’s the Chipotle Brownies, of course!
Because everyone loves homemade brownies, especially when the brownies are frosted brownies! With a creamy chocolate ganache on top and a hint of spice inside Chipotle Brownies will be the grand finale at your Cinco de Mayo fiesta!
Chipotle Brownies are easy as can be to make. Just melt butter and stir in the rest of the brownie ingredients all in one bowl! The rich chocolate topping is just heated cream and chocolate chips. Yep, it doesn’t get much easier that that! Celebrate! Fiesta!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- chipotle chili pepper
- bittersweet chocolate chips
- heavy cream
Cinco de Mayo Recipes
Are you wondering what else to serve on your menu for Cinco de Mayo? Of course you need to have those margaritas and a creamy corn and bean dip. Then I'd like to suggest a Walking Taco Bar or a variety of tacos. And we have several tacos for you to choose from, such as vegan, steak and fish, and cornbread will be a delicious side dish.
Kick off Cinco de Mayo with Jalapeno Cucumber Margaritas, a twist on the classic margarita cocktail. Spicy jalapenos and refreshing cucumbers flavor a margarita mixture lending the perfect balance of heat and coolness to our easy margarita recipe.
Our creamy Corn and Black Bean Dip is bursting with cheesy goodness and a hint of spice. Our easy corn and black bean dip, served with tortilla chips or fresh veggie dippers, is a hot dip with a silky texture from cream cheese and sour cream.
Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread is the perfect side dish for your Cinco de Mayo celebration and Taco Tuesday dinners. Our easy cornbread recipe starts with a mix and a few stir-ins give it extra flavor and texture.
Now you can eat a plant based diet and have your tacos too! Vegan Chickpea Tacos With Peach Salsa is an easy vegan recipe that’s packed with the protein of chickpeas and topped with a lime-scented fresh peach salsa!
Go for the beef and season slices of juicy skirt steak with a few basic spices and enjoy them nestled in a crunchy corn shell topped with a lime-scented mixture of fresh heirloom tomatoes. Spiced Skirt Steak Tacos are a party in your mouth with a burst of flavor in every bite!
Season and grill your favorite fish (mine is cod!) and top with a fresh Mango Pico De Gallo and Fish Tacos With Mango Pico De Gallo will be trending in your kitchen!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch x 9-inch baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang. Coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In microwave-safe bowl melt butter.
- Stir in sugar then eggs, flour, cocoa powder, vanilla, chipotle chili pepper and salt. Stir until blended.
- Reserve 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips. Stir remaining bittersweet chocolate chips into brownie batter.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan. Using foil overhang lift brownies and cool completely on wire rack.
- Microwave heavy cream until hot. Pour over reserved 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth and spread over top of brownies.
- Cut into squares.