Heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fragrant basil leaves and cheese-filled pasta tossed in a classic balsamic dressing……tis the season for a pasta salad! Hello warm weather! Hello dining al fresco! Hello pasta salads!
I’m in my happy place whenever I’m relaxing and dining in the fresh air and sunshine. A pasta salad is a must-have at any outdoor dining experience and Balsamic Pasta Salad Caprese will quickly become a must-have pasta salad! Fire up the grill, open the wine and round out your open-air dining menu with Balsamic Pasta Salad Caprese.
Have you checked out my Ultimate Guide To Making Homemade Salad Dressings? Making a Homemade Salad Dressing is so easy and takes just minutes. Made with simple real food ingredients, your salad dressing from scratch is not just better than store bought, it’s better for you and oh so delicious too!
- 4 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 pkg. (16 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini, cooked, drained and run under cold water to cool
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup bocconcini, halved, about 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- In serving dish whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, kosher salt and sugar until blended.
- Stir in tortellini, tomatoes, bocconcini, shredded Parmesan and basil until evenly coated.
- Makes 5 cups.