Our Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars recipe starts with refrigerated crescent roll dough. A creamy cheesecake batter with canned apple pie filling topped with buttery cinnamon crumbs bakes into a seasonal dessert that will have you asking for seconds.
Cheesecake Bars Recipe
I have a few questions for you. What are your favorite desserts? Love apple pie? Love crumbs on your apple pie? Are you a cheesecake lover? Didn’t go apple picking yet but crave an apple dessert?
Then you’re going to be over the moon when you bake up these Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars that are easier to make than pie or cheesecake!
Our cheesecake bars combine apple pie, cheesecake and a crumb topping and bake into handheld bars. It’s an apple crumb pie with a cheesecake filling, cut into the perfect size.
A few simple steps and you'll be baking up apple cheesecake bars. A delicious dessert that you will be making over and over again for sure.
A simple creamy cheesecake batter studded with apple pie filling is topped with a buttery cinnamon crumb topping and baked on a crescent dough crust. So if you love a dutch apple cheesecake, then this is the dessert for you!
I guarantee that this is a mouthwatering dessert that you won’t be able to resist! Trust me, you’re going to love this easy dessert recipe and you’ll impress everyone with your baking talents too!
Top each cheesecake bar with vanilla ice cream, a little caramel sauce or salted caramel sauce, maybe even a dollop of whipped cream, and your tastebuds will be in heaven at first bite!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Be sure to visit the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for GG's personal kitchen recommendations!
How to make apple pie bars
Scroll down for the full recipe instructions and ingredient amounts in the recipe card below
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a 9-inch x 13-inch baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang. Coat with non-sticking cooking spray.
- Unroll the refrigerated crescent dough and press the dough on bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of the prepared pan.
- Cheesecake: With mixer on medium-high beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, 1 Tbs. flour and vanilla, beating until blended. reduce mixer to low speed and add apple pie filling; beat 2 minutes until well combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crescent dough.
- Crumb Topping: In a medium bowl combine 2 cups flour, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon until blended. Stir in the melted butter until moist crumb mixture forms. Using your hands shape the mixture into crumbs and arrange over the cheesecake mixture.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until cheesecake is set and crumbs are golden.
- Cool for 30 minutes in the pan.
- Using the foil overhang, lift out of pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into bars.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Add dried cranberries to the apple pie filling
- Reduce the calories and use low fat cream cheese
- Be sure to measure the brown sugar correctly by firmly pressing it in to the measuring cup
- Make this recipe with canned cherry pie filling in place of the apple pie filling
- Substitute crescent roll dough in place of the seamless dough and just press the perforations together to seal
- Store any leftover cheesecake bars in an airtight container, or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
- These apple bars will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days
- As always, I find it helpful to visit the FDA website for food storage guidelines
Ingredients for apple pie bars recipe
- refrigerated crescent dough
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- canned apple pie filling
- dark brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- confectioners’ sugar
Bits of apples tossed in cinnamon sugar are baked in our honey sweetened Cinnamon Apple Cake. Bursting with seasonal apple throughout, every bite of our apple cake is a taste of fall flavors.
Our Apple Cider Moscow Mule Cocktail is a twist on the classic recipe replacing the lime juice with seasonal apple cider and garnishing with an orange slice and a cinnamon stick stirrer! The Moscow Mule has been updated for the cool autumn weather and this trendy cocktail never tasted so good!
Roasted Chicken With Apples is an easy recipe bursting with seasonal flavors. Sweet apples and savory onions and garlic roast together with chicken seasoned with the warm spices of autumn.
Caramel Crumb Baked Apples is an easy baked apples recipe. Apples with a cashew cherry filling and a cinnamon crumb topping are baked to perfection and drizzled with caramel sauce.
Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9-inch x 13-inch baking pan with foil leaving 2-inch overhang. Coat with non-sticking cooking spray.
- Unroll crescent dough. Press dough on bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of prepared pan.
- With mixer on medium-high beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, 1 Tbs. flour and vanilla, beating until blended. Add apple pie filling; beat 2 minutes until well combined. Spread cheesecake mixture evenly over crescent dough.
- In bowl combine 2 cups flour, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon until blended. Stir in melted butter until moist crumb mixture forms. Using hands shape into crumbs and arrange over cheesecake mixture.
- Bake 55 minutes or until cheesecake is set and crumbs are golden. Cool 30 minutes in pan. Using foil overhang, lift out of pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into 12 bars.