A homemade Peach Sorbet with fresh peaches, lemonade and spiced rum is a welcome treat on a hot summer day. Easy to make, our peach sorbet recipe will be a favorite frozen dessert.
Peach Sorbet Recipe
The dog days of summer have officially arrived and we are currently in the midst of a weeklong heat wave here in the northeast. I can’t think of a better way to cool off than with a frozen indulgence made with the season’s fresh bounty of peaches.
My Spiced Rum Lemonade Peach Sorbet is just that! Made with a homemade lemonade and juicy fresh peaches, this frozen dessert is guaranteed to cool you off as you savor every chilled spoonful!
If you love sorbet, be sure to try our Mango Sorbet recipe too!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Love your Happy Hour cocktail? Why not give The California Wine Club's Premier Series, the most popular of all the clubs a try and have wine delivered right to your doorstep!
Can't get enough peaches? Our Peach Sangria is brimming with fresh fruits, peach wine and peach brandy. Top it off with a bubbling lemon lime soda and enjoy a tall glass of this refreshing summer sangria recipe.
What is sorbet?
- is made of pureed fruits and fruit juice
- typically contains wine or a liqueur
- contains a sweetener, such as honey
- is a healthy alternative to ice cream
What is the difference between sorbet and sherbet?
Sorbet is made with fruit and sugar. Sherbet is made with fruit, sugar and cream.
How do you pronounce the word sorbet?
Sorbet is a French word. When pronouncing the word sorbet, the letter “t” is silent.
How long has sorbet been around?
Sorbet is one of the oldest forms of desserts. Sorbet:
- pre-dates ice cream by about a thousand years
- dates back to the times of Nero, the Roman emperor
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- For a non-alcohol version replace 1/2 cup spiced rum with additional 1/2 cup peach nectar
- Make it with fresh nectarines
- Be sure not to use the white part of the lemon peel
- Substitute orange peel or lime peel for the lemon peel
- Make it mango with fresh mangoes and mango nectar
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- lemon juice
- lemon peel
- fresh ripe peaches
- peach nectar
- spiced rum
- fresh mint
Easy Frozen Desserts
Triple Citrus Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Cups are bursting with fresh blueberries surrounded with crunchy granola and creamy Greek yogurt and flavored with a pop of citrus!
Honey-Kissed Strawberry Frozen Yogurt is brimming with delectable fresh strawberries and good-for-you Greek yogurt and kissed with just a bit of honey. You will definitely want seconds on a hot summer’s night, or anytime!
I'll never turn down a bowl of homemade no churn Peaches N Cream Ice Cream made with fresh peaches and a hint of vanilla.
When it’s too hot to light the fire and grill up S’mores, the next best thing is a bowl of homemade S’mores Ice Cream made without an ice cream maker! Creamy, cold, chunky and studded with milk chocolate, mini marshmallows and bits of grahams, S’mores Ice Cream will satisfy your craving and cool you off at the same time.
Peach Sorbet With Spiced Rum
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup peel from 1 large lemon , outer yellow peel only, no white pith!
- 1 lb. fresh ripe peaches ,pitted
- 1 can (11.5 oz.) peach nectar
- 1/2 cup spiced rum *
- fresh mint leaves ,optional garnish
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- In small saucepot over medium-high heat bring sugar, water, lemon juice and lemon peel to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until sugar is dissolved and mixture is clear. Remove from heat.
- Let stand 1 hour until cooled. Strain, discarding lemon peel. Reserve.
- In blender, puree peaches, with their skins on, and peach nectar until smooth and blended.
- Add rum and reserved lemon simple syrup. Pulse until blended.
- Transfer to freezer-proof container. Freeze, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Scoop, garnish with fresh mint, if desired, & enjoy!
- replace 1/2 cup spiced rum with additional 1/2 cup peach nectar
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday and Weekend Potluck
Thanks for stopping by. Leave a tip or comment...