Tortellini Pasta With Pancetta is an easy recipe for a pasta dinner. Cheese filled pasta is studded with crispy bits of pancetta, sautéed tomatoes, fresh arugula and basil in a light buttery garlic white wine sauce.
Pasta With Pancetta
After a long day at work a skillet dinner is right up my alley and this pasta with pancetta recipe is a favorite of mine! My mouth is watering already and dinner will be on the table in no time at all!
Just cook up the cheese tortellini while you're sautéing the rest of the ingredients. Pancetta, tomatoes, onion and garlic cook up with butter and white wine to form a light buttery sauce with lots of flavor.
Stir in the tender pasta and some arugula for the fresh taste of peppery baby greens. Top with shredded Parmesan and thinly sliced fresh basil and, oh mama mia, you’ll be savoring a bowl of tortellini with tomatoes that’s bursting with flavor!
Yes, it’s going to be a delicious evening tonight!
What does pancetta taste like?
Pancetta has a pork flavor and tastes a lot like bacon although bacon has smoky notes and pancetta does not.
What is the difference between pancetta and bacon?
Pancetta is salt-cured and dried and bacon is smoked.
Bacon is raw and must be cooked but pancetta can be eaten cooked or uncooked.
Can I substitute bacon for pancetta?
Yes, you can definitely substitute bacon for pancetta but you must cook the bacon.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Substitute bacon for the pancetta
- Use your favorite baby greens in place of the arugula
- Make it meaty and use meat filled tortellini
- Cut down on the cooking time and make with fresh cheese tortellini pasta
Our recipe makes 6 cups so you can serve it as a main dish or a side dish. Either way, it’s going to be a favorite.
- For a main dish serving, each serving is 1 ½ cups and will serve 4 people
- For a side dish serving, each serving is ¾ cup and the recipe will make 8 servings
How to make Pasta With Pancetta
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook pancetta until browned; reserve.
- In the skillet with pancetta drippings, cook tomatoes, onion, garlic, kosher salt and cracked black pepper then add wine and then butter.
- Stir in cooked tortellini, arugula and reserved pancetta.
- Top with shredded Parmesan and sliced basil.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
- frozen cheese tortellini – cheesy pasta in a fun shape
- pancetta – Italian bacon, yum!
- grape tomatoes – adds texture and flavor to the sauce
- onion – adds savory notes
- garlic – for a depth of flavor
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- white wine – forms a light buttery wine sauce
- butter – adds delicious flavor to the sauce
- arugula – a fresh addition of baby greens with peppery notes
- Parmesan cheese – a finishing touch
- fresh basil – adds lots of fresh herb flavor
An easy recipe, Instant Pot Penne Pasta With Homemade Pasta Sauce is a quick way to get a delicious pasta dinner on the table. Made with canned crushed tomatoes, canned diced tomatoes and a few basic seasonings, our homemade tomato sauce surrounds the penne pasta making every forkful flavorful.
Penne With Broccoli is an easy recipe made with basic kitchen ingredients. Broccoli and pasta cook together in one pot and then combine with lemon, butter and Parmesan cheese for a delicious bowl of comfort food.
Our Baked Lasagna Roll Ups With Marinara Sauce recipe is bursting with three cheeses and an easy homemade sauce. This baked pasta casserole is a fun twist on a traditional lasagna.
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Tortellini Pasta With Pancetta is studded with crispy bits of pancetta, sautéed tomatoes and fresh arugula and basil in a light buttery garlic white wine sauce.
- 1 (12 ounces) pkg. frozen or fresh cheese tortellini
- 4 ounces pancetta , chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 pint grape tomatoes , halved lengthwise, 2 cups
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 2 cups packed arugula leaves , about 2 ounces
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
Prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, in large non-stick skillet cook pancetta over medium-high heat until crispy, stirring occasionally. Using slotted spoon, remove pancetta and drain on paper towels.
In skillet with pancetta drippings, cook tomatoes, onion, garlic, kosher salt and cracked black pepper until mixture is tender, about 4 minutes.
Add wine and cook 1 minute.
Stir in butter and cook until butter is melted and a light sauce forms.
Stir in cooked tortellini, arugula and reserved pancetta.
Top with shredded Parmesan and sliced basil.
Recipe yields 6 cups:
- 4 main dish servings (1 1/2 cups each)
- 8 side dish servings (3/4 cup each)
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Use meat filled tortellini
- Make with your favorite baby greens in place of the arugula
First Published: April 8, 2016... Last Updated: March 5, 2021