Skillet Tortellini Pomodoro With Pancetta
After a long day at work a skillet dinner is right up my alley! Skillet Tortellini Pomodoro With Pancetta in a light buttery garlic white wine sauce is studded with crispy bits of pancetta, sautéed tomatoes and fresh arugula and basil. My mouth is watering already! Just cook up the tortellini while you’re sautéing the rest of the ingredients and dinner will be on the table in a flash! This post contains affiliate links (Disclosure Policy)
If you love this recipe you will flip over my One Pot Recipes where the pasta cooks in the same skillet together with the other ingredients! Yep, you read that correctly! The uncooked pasta cooks in the skillet with everything else, no need to boil it in a separate pot! Check out my favorite deep sided skillet for One Pot recipes and be sure to add these One Pot recipes to your lineup, One Pot Penne Pomodoro, One Pot Mexicali Bowtie Pasta, One Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta, One Pot Springtime Pasta Primavera, One Pot Greek Lemon Dill Pasta and even One Pot Mac N Cheese! Oh, and The kids will love One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese! Everything cooks up to perfection in just one pot and dinner is on the table before you know it. Add a salad and you’re all set!
Skillet Tortellini Pomodoro With Pancetta in a light buttery garlic white wine sauce is studded with crispy bits of pancetta, sautéed tomatoes and fresh arugula and basil.
- 1 (12 ounces) pkg. frozen or fresh cheese tortellini
- 4 ounces pancetta, chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise, 2 cups
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 2 cups (2 ounces) packed arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
Prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large non-stick skillet cook pancetta over medium-high heat until crispy, stirring occasionally. Using slotted spoon, remove pancetta and drain on paper towels.
In skillet with pancetta drippings, cook tomatoes, onion, garlic, kosher salt and cracked black pepper until mixture is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in butter and cook until butter is melted and a light sauce forms.
- Stir in cooked tortellini, arugula and reserved pancetta.
- Top with shredded Parmesan and sliced basil.
Makes 4 (1 1/2 cups each) main dish servings or 8 (3/4 cup each) side dish servings.