What to do with a bushel and a peck of the season’s plum tomatoes? Pasta Pomodoro Balsamico with Chicken, of course! Bursting with fabulously delicious flavors, this fresh tomato sauce will totally amaze your tastebuds!
Pasta Pomodoro Balsamico with Chicken
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in chunks
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 Tbs. olive oil
2 lbs. plum tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped, 1 cup
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
2 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
1 lb. mafalde or fettuccine pasta, cooked and drained
1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Season chicken with oregano, kosher salt and pepper.
2. In deep-sided non-stick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
3. Cook chicken until just opaque, 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally; reserve.
4. In same skillet cook tomatoes, onion and garlic until mixture is just tender, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes.
5. Add wine, vinegar and reserved chicken pieces.
6. Simmer over medium heat until chicken is cooked through and tomato mixture is softened, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
7. In serving bowl combine cooked pasta and chicken mixture, tossing until evenly coated. Top with fresh basil.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe can be halved to make 4 servings.