One Pot Unstuffed Peppers With Rice is an easy and quick way to have your stuffed peppers without all the fuss! Ground beef, rice, bell peppers and seasonings cook together in one pot in less than 30 minutes. All the flavors of traditional stuffed peppers in one skillet.
Unstuffed Peppers Recipe
If you know me well, then you know that I am absolutely in love with my one pot recipes.
Having four sons, who were always hungry, and now eight grandchildren, who are just as hungry, I always need to get dinner on the table asap!
So although I have mastered one pot cooking out of necessity, it really is my favorite way to cook.
Stuffed Peppers were a favorite recipe of my Grandma Bum Bum’s (yes, we called her Bum Bum, long story) and we always looked forward to when she made them.
But it always seemed like she was in the kitchen for the longest time making them. It was such a production cooking the filling, stuffing the peppers, baking the peppers.
I needed to come up with an easier and quicker way to make this recipe that brings me right back to my childhood and that’s how this unstuffed peppers skillet recipe was born.
Now the same ingredients of ground beef, rice, bell peppers and seasonings, come together in one skillet and dinner is on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Our deconstructed stuffed peppers are bursting with all the flavors of a traditional stuffed pepper recipe without all the fuss.
Just like an unstuffed bell peppers casserole but made on the stovetop! Hands down, my favorite kind of recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Stop by the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for GG's personal kitchen recommendations!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
You can change up the recipe with the following substitutions and/or additions:
- Make It Healthy: Substitute ground turkey for the ground beef
- Make it Mexican: Substitute dried oregano for the Italian seasoning and add chili powder and cumin. Top with salsa and cheddar cheese.
- Make It Greek: Substitute dried oregano for the Italian seasoning and top with feta cheese and fresh dill.
- Change Up The Flavor: Use diced tomatoes with seasonings added for additional flavor
Ingredients for deconstructed stuffed peppers
- ground beef
- dried Italian seasoning
- kosher salt
- red and/or orange bell peppers
- canned diced tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- instant brown rice
- shredded mozzarella
If you love peppers, then you need to try more of our pepper recipes including those cute little sweet peppers that are readily available in the produce section of your grocery store.
Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers are an easy recipe that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner and beautiful enough to serve to guests. Quinoa stuffed peppers take on a Mexican flair, bursting with a filling of quinoa, black beans, corn, tomatoes and salsa.
Sweet Pepper Jalapeno Poppers are filled with a creamy jalapeno filling bursting with cheesiness and spice! Perfect as an appetizer and for your Cinco de Mayo celebration!
Buttery Sautéed Peppers & Onions are the perfect accompaniment to any dinnertime menu and they cook up in just minutes! An easy side dish that is both delicious and bursting with beautiful colors, these caramelized peppers and onions will be the perfect side kick to many meals.
One Pot Unstuffed Peppers With Rice
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 Tbs. oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large red and/or orange bell peppers , seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces, 2 cups
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with their juices
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- ½ cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ground beef, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and kosher salt until beef is browned, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and cook until tender-crisp, 5 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes with their juices, tomato sauce, brown rice and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Top with shredded mozzarella.