There's no one quite as special as your mom. She's the person who nurtures you as a baby, encourages you with your first steps, kisses your boo-boos and makes them all better, helps you with your homework, cheers for you on the sidelines at your games, is bursting with pride at your dance recitals, calmly (hopefully!) sits in the passenger seat as you learn to drive.......the list goes on and on......and don't forget the delicious meals she makes for you, day after day after day, making sure she nourishes both your body and your soul.
So what better way to show Mom how much you love her than letting her relax and taking over the kitchen to make a special dinner for her on her special day? Creamy Baked Pasta Primavera is the perfect recipe filled with vegetables, pasta and a creamy herb sauce! Serve it up with a salad and you're all set! It's fabulously delicious! Happy Mother's Day!
Creamy Baked Pasta Primavera
- 8 oz. campanelle pasta
- 4 ounces fresh asparagus cut in 2" pieces, about 2 cups
- 1 (10 oz. ) pkg. frozen cream spinach, thawed
- 1 (8 oz. ) pkg. garlic & herb gourmet spreadable cheese, at room temperature, such as President's Rondele*
- 1 cup (4 oz. ) shredded mozzarella or Fontina cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, patted dry, chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 8-cup baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl combine spinach, spreadable cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella, milk, salt and pepper, stirring until blended.
- Add hot pasta with asparagus, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes, stirring until evenly coated. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Bake, covered, 25 minutes.
- Uncover, top with Panko and remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted, breadcrumbs are golden and mixture is heated through.