Our Red White and Blue Berry Trifle combines fresh summer berries, cake, pudding and pie filling. An easy no bake dessert recipe, our fruit trifle is filled with patriotic colors for your Memorial Day get together.
Easy Trifle Recipe
This weekend, as we remember those who have protected our country and fought for our freedom, and those protecting us now, many of us will gather around the table and break bread together.
A patriotic holiday calls for a patriotic dessert and our Red White and Blue Berry Trifle is just that.
Seasonal berries, along with pie filling, pudding and angel food cake, combine for a summer dessert of patriotic colors. Whipped topping lightens up the filling making this easy summer berry trifle a delightful summer dessert.
And the best part? There’s no baking involved! Just buy store bought angel food cake and you’re all set. Our no bake dessert is not just festive, it’s so easy to make too.
There's nothing quite like a summer berry trifle especially when it takes just minutes to put together.
So let’s guarantee a sweet finish to your day with our berry trifle recipe, a mouth-watering no-cook dessert!
A very sincere thank you to all who have served our country.
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
- Use your favorite berries such as:
- Substitute store bought pound cake for the angel food cake
- Make it chocolate with chocolate pudding and chocolate cake
Ingredients you will need to make this angel food cake trifle
- instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- whipped topping
- blueberry pie filling
- strawberry pie filling
- angel food cake
- fresh blueberries
- fresh strawberries
4th of July Recipes
Berry Sangria Slushy, an easy frozen drink recipe with just two ingredients, will be the hit of your red, white and blue holiday gatherings. A bottle of sangria and your favorite frozen berries are all it takes to whirl up your favorite childhood summertime beverage with an adult twist! Our wine slushie recipe is the grown up slushie that will satisfy the kid in you!
With just four basic kitchen ingredients and some patriotic food colors, you can celebrate our country’s birthday with our 4th of July Sugar Cookies. Easy to make, our colorful cookies are fun for kids and especially delicious too!
Our 4th of July Cupcakes are an easy from scratch recipe for vanilla cupcakes. Topped with a homemade buttercream frosting, decorated with red white and blue stripes and topped with a cherry, they are a perfect fourth of July dessert!
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Red White & Blue Berry Trifle
- 2 pkgs. (3.4 oz. each) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups frozen nondairy whipped topping , thawed, such as Cool Whip, from 1 container (8 oz.)
- 1 can (21 oz.) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (21 oz.) strawberry pie filling
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) store bought baked angel food cake , cut in 1-inch cubes, about 7 cups
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 fresh strawberries
- In large bowl combine pudding mixes and milk, stirring until blended. Let stand 5 minutes until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in whipped topping until blended.
- In 12-14 cup trifle dish place half of angel food cake cubes on bottom (about 3 ½ cups).
- Top with blueberry pie filling and half (about 2 cups) of pudding mixture.
- Top with remaining angel food cake cubes, strawberry pie filling and remaining pudding mixture.
- Garnish edges with fresh blueberries and 4 strawberries. Place remaining strawberry, fanned, in center.