Pomegranate Apple Salad With Walnut-Crusted Goat Cheese elevates a mixed greens salad to a new level with homemade pomegranate vinaigrette and nutty cheese rounds! Our mixed greens recipe with it's homemade vinaigrette and easy-to-make nut crusted cheese rounds is the perfect holiday salad!
Mixed Greens Salad Recipe
Mixed greens are lightly tossed in a perfectly balanced Pomegranate Vinaigrette and topped with apple slices, pomegranate arils and walnut-crusted goat cheese rounds, for the perfect fall salad and oh so fancy. Fancy enough for the holidays too when it's time to serve those extra special recipes.
I make commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Walnut-Crusted Goat Cheese elevates this salad to a new level of elegance and your guests will certainly be impressed! And it only takes a minute to roll the slices of goat cheese in toasted walnuts....so easy....so fancy!
Best of all, the Walnut-Crusted Goat Cheese rounds can be made a day ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve your salad. Bonus!
Pomegranate Apple Mixed Greens With Walnut-Crusted Goat Cheese elevates a mixed greens salad to a new level.
Homemade pomegranate vinaigrette and nutty cheese rounds certainly gets a salad ready for the holidays!
Be sure to visit the Swirls of Flavor Amazon Storefront for GG's personal kitchen recommendations!
What are pomegranate arils?
Pomegranate arils are the fiber-rich seeds of the pomegranate fruit. Pomegranates can be purchased in the produce section of your grocery store or, if you prefer, you can buy them already seeded.
Are Pomegranates good for you?
The pomegranate is definitely a super fruit that is good for you.! Just look at all that pomegranates provide:
- Rich in anti-oxidants
- Provide protein
- Rich in fiber
- Contain Vitamins C and K
- Provide potassium
- Have three times the anti-oxidant level as red wine and green tea
- Contain anti-inflammatory properties
- May reduce your risk of heart disease
- Can improve cholesterol levels
- May lower your blood pressure!
I'd say that our Pomegranate Apple Mixed Greens With Walnut-Crusted Goat Cheese is truly a gift of nutrition and deliciousness this holiday season!
Swirls of Flavor Recipe Tips
Toss the salad with the salad dressing right before serving
- You can use your favorite greens in place of the mixed greens
- Feel free to substitute pears in place of the apples
- Can't find pomegranate arils? Use dried cranberries instead.
- Maple syrup can be used in place of the honey. Just be sure to use 100% maple syrup.
Ingredients for apple walnut goat cheese salad
- goat cheese
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- pomegranate juice
- Dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- assorted mixed greens
- Gala apples
- pomegranate arils
Have you checked out my Ultimate Guide To Making Homemade Salad Dressings? Making a Homemade Salad Dressing is so easy and takes just minutes. Made with simple real food ingredients, your salad dressing from scratch is not just better than store bought, it’s better for you and oh so delicious too!
Holiday Side Dish Recipes
Baby carrots simmer in honey with a hint of cinnamon and crystallized ginger for a sweet side dish. Gingered Cinnamon Honey Glazed Carrots will be a favorite vegetable recipe for holidays and all year long too!
Panko Garlic Mashed Potatoes combine buttery creaminess with the perfect crunchy topping of panko breadcrumbs, parsley and butter!
And don't forget the sweet potatoes! Pecan Crumb Sweet Potatoes are so decadent that every mouthful is filled with creamy sweet potatoes and buttery cinnamon crumbs…..the perfect combination of a side dish and a dessert!
Smashed Brussels Sprouts With Crispy Prosciutto will be your new go-to side dish recipe for special occasions! Smashed sprouts are roasted with two cheeses and then topped with crispy prosciutto for the ultimate side dish recipe!
Pomegranate Apple Mixed Greens With Walnut-Crusted Goat Cheese
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
WALNUT-CRUSTED GOAT CHEESE:
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts, finely chopped
- 8 ounces chilled goat cheese, cut in 16 rounds
- 8 cups assorted mixed greens, such as radicchio, Bibb lettuce and red leaf lettuce
- 2 Gala apples, seeded and sliced, 2 cups
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
WALNUT-CRUSTED GOAT CHEESE:
- Roll goat cheese in finely chopped toasted walnuts and gently press to adhere. Refrigerate until ready to serve*.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, pomegranate juice, honey, Dijon and kosher salt until blended.
- Toss mixed greens with some of the vinaigrette to lightly coat greens. Top with sliced apples, pomegranate arils and goat cheese. Serve remaining vinaigrette on the side.