Kale, the trendy super food, is at it again! Kale chips are the new "in" snack and you can make them at home in no time at all! The perfect snack for your weekend movie night with the family! Season them with garlic powder, kosher salt and pepper and I bet you can't eat just one!
Garlic Kale Chips
1 (8 oz.) bunch curly kale, stems and middle vein discarded, torn into leaves, about 6 cups kale leaves, completely dry
2 Tbs. olive oil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. In bowl combine kale leaves and olive oil. Using hands, massage each leaf so that entire surface of both sides of leaves are moistened with oil.
3. In two batches, arrange kale leaves on ungreased baking sheets in single layer. Be sure not to crowd the leaves on the pans or they will not bake up crispy!
4. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
5. Bake 20 minutes. Leaves will be crispy and a bright deep green color.
6. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
Makes 4 servings.