Homemade Pasta Recipe
I just returned home from the farmers market and now I am craving an al fresco dinner with the fresh flavors of summer that I brought home with me! I am beyond happy that I went to the farmers market today! I’ll make some homemade pasta with basic ingredients that I have on hand….flour, eggs, olive oil and kosher salt….and while the pasta dough is resting I’ll prep the ingredients for my Buttery Fresh Basil Tomato Sauce. No need to worry if you don’t want to make homemade pasta tonight. Just substitute 8 ounces of fettuccine or any pasta you have in your pantry because, trust me, this sauce will taste absolutely divine on any pasta!
So close your eyes and imagine a forkful of tender homemade pasta coated in a buttery white wine sauce seasoned with flecks of fresh basil and juicy perfectly wilted heirloom tomatoes on the end of that fork! That’s what can be on your table tonight in a matter of minutes! Yes, life is good! We’re going to be making some delicious memories tonight!
Look no further for pasta recipes galore! Broccoli Rabe Pancetta Pasta is a favorite pasta recipe of mine. Pancetta, the ever delectable Italian style bacon, elevates this recipe to another level of fabulously delicious and the oricchiette pasta, shaped like “little ears”, catch the bits of onion, garlic and pancetta for your every bite! Skillet Tortellini Pomodoro With Pancetta in a light buttery garlic white wine sauce is studded with crispy bits of pancetta, sautéed tomatoes and fresh arugula and basil. One Pot Mexicali Bowtie Pasta is seasoned with salsa, chili powder and cumin, giving it a Mexican flair. Top it with melty cheese and fresh scallion and all you’ll need is cornbread and a salad and you’re all set for a Mexican fiesta! One Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta makes it’s own velvety tomato sauce and gets it’s creaminess from a secret ingredient….cream cheese! And pasta is it’s most delicious when it’s homemade! And it’s easier than you think with my Homemade Pasta recipe!
- Cook pasta according to recipe or package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- In large non-stick skillet melt 2 Tbs. butter over medium-high heat and cook onion, garlic, kosher salt and cracked black pepper until just tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook just until tomatoes begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in reserved 1/2 cup pasta water and remaining 2 Tbs. butter and cook until a sauce forms.
- Stir in fresh basil and cooked pasta, tossing until evenly coated and heated through, 1 minute.
Makes 8 cups/4 servings.